Camera Mount For Trunk Harness Bar / Brace

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Anyone use the silver support brace for a camera mount? The bar is pretty thick and all I can find that might work so far are C-Clamps for DSLR Camera Mounts. I didn't want to do anything permanent and didn't want to use 3M adhesive on the bar. Just something I could throw up quickly when doing some spirited driving, mountain runs, etc. I'm looking for ideas and suggestions and wanted to see what's worked for you guys?

2020-toyota-supra-26.jpg

61F9xVt7zQL._SL1500_.jpg

6129sJr7nQL._SL1000_.jpg
Sponsored

cutsman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Austin Mini (VTEC), 2020 Supra, 2005 Cooper S
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't had to mount the camera yet myself but that C-clamp looks like it will do the job for what you need. I personally would jsut go with 3M tape and a standard mount. If you need to remove it, a heat gun / hair dryer and about 2 minutes if all you need to do so.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
I'd do the c clamp method. Should be quick, non permamnet , stable and non marring.

I'd assume the aluminum surface isn't smooth enough for a suction cup to work for any length if time. Might have to stick a smooth circular sticker on the bar to act as a nice smooth surface to help the suction cup to seal to.

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Anyone with success on this setup? Is the crossbar high enough to get the camera to eye level? I'm overseas and can't go look at my car.

Here's another clamp method with a similar crossbar in a porsche

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
My go
Pro has a spring loaded clamp that held fine. My problem was the picture was set for the dark interior and the picture out the wind shield was washed out.

I now use a suction cup windshield mount

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
My problem was the picture was set for the dark interior and the picture out the wind shield was washed out.
Depending on your gopro model, you may or may not have the option to adjust the EV (exposure value), to a negative value such as -1.5 or -2.0 so that the outside of the windshield isn't washed out. Usually this is only available in upper end models with a pro mode enabled.

Alternatively, most gopros have different light metering options, similar to what you can do with a smartphone by tapping and holding on the area you want to have proper light exposure. Look for 'spot meter' or 'spot metering' in the gopro you own.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 Supra A91-MT Burnout

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Suction cup mount worked just fine for me on that thing. I found I had to re-suction it every couple of weekends or it would fly off eventually. On a proper bar I use a clamp style.
Sponsored

Last edited: