084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
So I am trying to get the right radar detector mount for the Supra.

The website I am ordering through, shows 2 models, based on the type of rear view mirror.

Can someone confirm which mirror setup is used on the US launch models?

I am guessing it is the “special mirror,” but I wanted to confirm. Thanks.

7F4ED5AD-F7C6-4F36-AF6F-C9BBDA39ABEC.jpeg
9F8C60EC-9774-4442-8DBF-B905B2314A2F.jpeg
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Check out the attached below picture from my car.

20190817_150044 - Copy.jpg

whostorm05

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 1991 Pontiac TransAm
Is there a plug going to the mirror which has power and ground to power a radar detector?

OP
OP
084runnerltd

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a plug going to the mirror which has power and ground to power a radar detector?
There is, but I am leaving that to the install company to deal with. I was debating tapping into the mirror on my own, but then I would lose out on having a mute/memory remote switch.

Decided to just let them install it all of it, with the blackvue, and also setup the remote switch.

Blendmount does offer plugs to tap directly into the mirror. If that was someones only goal, I would say it looks like a 1 job.

OP
OP
084runnerltd

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There is, but I am leaving that to the install company to deal with. I was debating tapping into the mirror on my own, but then I would lose out on having a mute/memory remote switch.

Decided to just let them install it all of it, with the blackvue, and also setup the remote switch.

Blendmount does offer plugs to tap directly into the mirror. If that was someones only goal, I would say it looks like a 1 job.
Changed my mind overnight, ordered the hardwire mirror tap. The detector has gps lockout memory and is pretty quiet now that it knows my usual route.

I guess it will be a little bit of a pain when on road trips (have to reach up to the detector to mute it or add to its memory), but in the end, I decided to skip the remote install for a cleaner look and the fact that now the remote will not have to be drilled/mounted somewhere.

I may change my mind tomorrow...

I searched blendmount for the proper plug, then ordered off Amazon as they were the same price.

MirrorTap, MT-1015, 15" Radar Detector Power Cord with 2AMP Inline Fuse, Audi Tap Size, RJ11 Plug https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077F6TNZ7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_1a3xDbEMAMH5M

nevik

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Refraction Blue, 2013 GS 350 F Sport
Changed my mind overnight, ordered the hardwire mirror tap. The detector has gps lockout memory and is pretty quiet now that it knows my usual route.

I guess it will be a little bit of a pain when on road trips (have to reach up to the detector to mute it or add to its memory), but in the end, I decided to skip the remote install for a cleaner look and the fact that now the remote will not have to be drilled/mounted somewhere.

I may change my mind tomorrow...

I searched blendmount for the proper plug, then ordered off Amazon as they were the same price.

MirrorTap, MT-1015, 15" Radar Detector Power Cord with 2AMP Inline Fuse, Audi Tap Size, RJ11 Plug https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077F6TNZ7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_1a3xDbEMAMH5M
Where you able to use the tap to install the radar detector?
Sponsored