Canada - Pricing, Availability Details & Orders

Kingra_mkv

First Name
Jas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Subaru Brz
I haven't been seeing any info on the orders in Canada. So I thought I would make this to see the interest over here. My guess would be our pricing will be unveiled at the Auto show in Toronto (Feb.15). Ive left a deposit at my local dealer, but they don't seem to have any information at all. Also curious to know if we will receive our on set limit on launch edition models.
Sponsored

dgh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 RX7; 2011 Toyota RAV 4
My dealer has said they would know mid feb so Toronto auto show seems very plausible for more info.
Is it true that Canadian dealers cannot ask for more than MSRP?

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
I remember one of the forum members from Vancouver saying it was illegal but I really couldnā€™t find anything stating it was, then multiple guys on social media saying how the supra would be marked up like the demons/hellcats were. So I think the forum member was just misinformed.

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
Dealers may set their own pricing in Canada. It's actually illegal for Toyota Canada to dictate what dealers sell the cars for.

Jeff

dgh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I remember one of the forum members from Vancouver saying it was illegal but I really couldnā€™t find anything stating it was, then multiple guys on social media saying how the supra would be marked up like the demons/hellcats were. So I think the forum member was just misinformed.
So, do you guys expect they will mark them up above MSRP? I'm in Edmonton, I can't imagine the demand would be high here, but who knows, and I've made a deposit, to be in line when ordering is possible. I'd be willing to pay MSRP, but not more than that.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Considering thereā€™s only 330ish cars coming to Canada this year even if there isnā€™t much demand they will all be gone. It might not be as bad as the US for dealer mark up I bet multiple dealers still will. Also if youā€™re not first or second on the pre order list you probably wonā€™t be getting one this year. Canā€™t see any dealership getting any more than 2

dgh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Considering thereā€™s only 330ish cars coming to Canada this year even if there isnā€™t much demand they will all be gone. It might be as bad as the US for dealer mark up I bet multiple dealers still will. Also if youā€™re not first or second on the pre order list you probably wonā€™t be getting one this year. Canā€™t see any dealership getting any more than 2
I'm second in line at my dealership. I wasn't counting on paying more than MSRP, as I'd also seen that comment about this being illegal in Canada. This is disappointing.

wbradley

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FR-S, 2018 STI, 2017 Prius
Vehicle Showcase
I'm second in line at my dealership. I wasn't counting on paying more than MSRP, as I'd also seen that comment about this being illegal in Canada. This is disappointing.
I don't know if a Canadian Toyota dealer will try to sell a vehicle above MSRP unless it actually is difficult to obtain. It seems bad PR in a sense. On the other hand, dealers might wish to specifically order the optioned up model so they sell few but higher ticket units. Can't blame them, really.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m even getting the ability to ā€œorderā€ my car. From what I understood with my dealer is that theyā€™re getting two cars, optioned how they want and I get first dibs on which one I want.

dgh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m even getting the ability to ā€œorderā€ my car. From what I understood with my dealer is that theyā€™re getting two cars, optioned how they want and I get first dibs on which one I want.
Are you in Edmonton? Mine told me when they have ordering info, they would call me and I could place my order - although this may have changed since then. That was 4-5 months ago.

dgh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Knowing we want the car, since we have made a deposit (I'm assuming you did), doesn't put us in a good bargaining position if they have an inkling to charge more than MSRP.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
The dealership told me they have no intention charging over msrp. And my deposit slip says msrp on it.

dgh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The dealership told me they have no intention charging over msrp. And my deposit slip says msrp on it.
Thats good, I haven't had any discussion about price. We'll see, when the Canadian MSRP is released.
Sponsored