Cannot measure oil

dragonhunter241

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
As the post states I cannot measure oil anymore- it always stops at 18% and says I need to drive more. I know I’ve driven more than one hour multiple times and I know the engine is hot so it’s not making any sense.
Anyone have a similar issue?
Sponsored

OP
OP
dragonhunter241

dragonhunter241

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
Are you on level surface?
Try that and if problem still occurs use your warranty.
Good luck.
I am on level. This is also an A91 with consumption issues ?. So I’m already worried after every drive about my oil level.

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
I am on level. This is also an A91 with consumption issues ?. So I’m already worried after every drive about my oil level.
I would most definitely take that to the dealer. Probably should video it to so they can see exactly what is happening.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Haven't had this issue, yet. I actually just took the car out yesterday for a pretty hard spirited drive, just for the purpose of using the oil measurement, drove around for about 45 minutes. When I brought it back it measured just fine and only took about 1 minute to finish the measurement. The measurement showed the bar right at the line bordering "max" but didn't fill the max bar. If you're having this kind of issue and you know your car is consuming oil at an alarming rate, I would most certainly take it in to the dealer! I personally don't like the fact that there is no oil dipstick on this car, it just bugs me a lot.

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
went to the dealership they found no error codes in their check. This is what their tech said:
1617318272765.png

Now here is a video where I’ve driven 27 miles which are well over 30 min of driving.
You should show them the video.

OP
OP
dragonhunter241

dragonhunter241

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
You should show them the video.
I did to my service advisor- but because they couldn’t find any errors in the system they said it’s all good. If you google “bmw can’t measure oil stop at 17% etc” there’s tons of issues like this.
I’m almost thinking of taking it to the bmw dealer because these Toyota yahoos don’t know what the f their doing.

Frosty

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2016 Ford F150, 1993 Ford Mustang GT
I did to my service advisor- but because they couldn’t find any errors in the system they said it’s all good. If you google “bmw can’t measure oil stop at 17% etc” there’s tons of issues like this.
I’m almost thinking of taking it to the bmw dealer because these Toyota yahoos don’t know what the f their doing.
Sorry to hear about your problem. Did Toyota tech was able to measure correctly? That's the big question, but taking it to a BMW dealer is what I would try to do only if I take it back to Toyota and they say the same thing and try to return the car to me. If the oil measuring system is broke it needs to be fixed. Point blank. Don't take the car back until corrected.

OP
OP
dragonhunter241

dragonhunter241

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
So quick update... my car has now been at the dealership third week going in for this issue and they are at a dead end. They simply don’t know what to do.

On the other hand they said they contacted an ex-BMW tech that now works for Toyota in Texas to get his input-this was last week and they still haven’t gotten a response from. Either they are giving me the run around- or they are lost. Thinking of using lemon law if they don’t get this fixed soon.

Hellion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 premium
Pretty surprised at the lack of training and knowledge some of the members are reporting the dealers have. Seems the Supras just showed up and they were like..."yeah...hope they don't break..." :dunno:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Pretty surprised at the lack of training and knowledge some of the members are reporting the dealers have. Seems the Supras just showed up and they were like..."yeah...hope they don't break..." :dunno:
It was like that with the 86 as well, but with BMW tech/electronics/etc. it's even more complicated on Supra.

OP
OP
dragonhunter241

dragonhunter241

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
So another quick update- the Toyota rep my dealer has been in contact with told them yesterday to disconnect battery for 30 min and reconnect and test drive. This was a solution another member was able to use for this same exact issue. They did that and then a test drive but it didn’t work for me.

Now in this new test drive a new error came up. They had low oil pressure code and check engine light came on.

I have been telling them since day one of dropping off my car that they need to replace the oil pressure valve assembly assembly because that’s what people on bmw forums did when this issue happened. I already pointed them to the correct part number 23950WAA01.

Having said that, I am also one of those Supra’s who oil is consumed at an alarming rate. Now if this specific part which controls oil pressure and consumption throughout the engine is faulty this early, does this mean this may be the main culprit in all the 21s who have oil consumption issues?

Let’s see and find out once this part is replaced.

OP
OP
dragonhunter241

dragonhunter241

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
They are doing a calibration on my car now.
They claimed the OBD scanner I had might have messed with the electrical stuff? Is this something that people have had problems with? With their OBD scanners?