Is your car excessively burning oil?

• Total voters

Blindspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
No, after the last oil change.
Big update for me: my ‘21 went in for rings and pistons last week but I just found out that it’s getting a new block. Going to take a few weeks but I’m stoked with the outcome. Already planning a fun break-in road trip.
Sponsored

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
Big update for me: my ‘21 went in for rings and pistons last week but I just found out that it’s getting a new block. Going to take a few weeks but I’m stoked with the outcome. Already planning a fun break-in road trip.
Good result. Forget the road trip, take it to the track or dyno. 10 hard pulls on the dyno to around 5000rpm and you won't need to worry about burning oil or anything else.

Phil

mdbr0tha

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, R35
My 21 has been through it... First I purchased the car with 8k miles and after driving 50 miles my compressor went dead after I turned the AC on. Got that replaced at dealer...... A year and 20k miles later My low oil notification would come on sooner and sooner after oil changes and my steering would make a steeling noise when turning at very low speeds, and had a dim passenger front light. Got my rack and peering steering column replaced, front light assembly replaced, and did the oil consumption test and. Oil was at minimum level after 800 miles. So it's back in the shop, and approval has been sent to corporate for an engine replacement. So we will see what happens. Took it back early this week and curious how long this is going to take. It took 2 moths for the rack and pinon because of some $6 screws were out of stock/back ordered.

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
My 21 has been through it... First I purchased the car with 8k miles and after driving 50 miles my compressor went dead after I turned the AC on. Got that replaced at dealer...... A year and 20k miles later My low oil notification would come on sooner and sooner after oil changes and my steering would make a steeling noise when turning at very low speeds, and had a dim passenger front light. Got my rack and peering steering column replaced, front light assembly replaced, and did the oil consumption test and. Oil was at minimum level after 800 miles. So it's back in the shop, and approval has been sent to corporate for an engine replacement. So we will see what happens. Took it back early this week and curious how long this is going to take. It took 2 moths for the rack and pinon because of some $6 screws were out of stock/back ordered.
Bro, are you attached to the car? If you’re not, since you got the history, you can probably get a replacement 2023 via the Lemon Law process in the US. I went through it, kinda tedious and annoying but worth it in the end. All you have to do is call corporate and say you feel you have a lemon and see how the cards fall.

Johnny Utah

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 P
I just pour a court of quicker state in mine every time I pull it out of the garage. I’m doing the finger taste test and if it’s sweet in flavor I’m solid!!!

WhiteNissan300zx

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 300zx Twin Turbo, 2021 Toyota Supra 3.0
What was your consumption like? My 21 is burning a 3/4ths to a quart every 4-5k miles. Which is normal I think but not excessive

Blindspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
What was your consumption like? My 21 is burning a 3/4ths to a quart every 4-5k miles. Which is normal I think but not excessive
Eventually I was going from full to oil warning light (which you obviously can’t trust) at 700-1,000km, way worse. The dealer had to top it up every time for the warranty to cover the problem, so it was kinda annoying. New engine has been perfect so far, though.

WhiteNissan300zx

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Eventually I was going from full to oil warning light (which you obviously can’t trust) at 700-1,000km, way worse. The dealer had to top it up every time for the warranty to cover the problem, so it was kinda annoying. New engine has been perfect so far, though.
Wow that is pretty shit. How many miles did you have?

Blindspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Wow that is pretty shit. How many miles did you have?
I think 27k-ish but don't have the number on hand. It was a very, very slow process but turned out well in the end. The dealership who was helping me, and who I didn't buy the car from, was amazing. Toyota Canada was slow, of course.

I was getting 3 - 5,000km between warnings for more than a year, then it slowly got worse and worse.

WhiteNissan300zx

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think 27k-ish but don't have the number on hand. It was a very, very slow process but turned out well in the end. The dealership who was helping me, and who I didn't buy the car from, was amazing. Toyota Canada was slow, of course.

I was getting 3 - 5,000km between warnings for more than a year, then it slowly got worse and worse.
Was your car modified? And damn I’m at 31k miles but I’m tuned on a cloned DME and have a 150k mile powertrain warranty. Car only burns 1 quart every 4-5k miles though so I’m probably not gonna get the issue you had

Blindspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Was your car modified? And damn I’m at 31k miles but I’m tuned on a cloned DME and have a 150k mile powertrain warranty. Car only burns 1 quart every 4-5k miles though so I’m probably not gonna get the issue you had
No, completely stock. I had plans, of course, but those got put off for a year and a half.
Sponsored