• Total voters

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
So...I have 900 miles on the clock and my oil is down 1 bar. Hmmmm. I’ve been careful during the break-in period, which has been agonizingly long.
Sponsored

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
So...I have 900 miles on the clock and my oil is down 1 bar. Hmmmm. I’ve been careful during the break-in period, which has been agonizingly long.
The 'bar' above the "max" line is supposed to be blank, if there is green there, your engine might be overfilled with oil. Just want to make sure you weren't referring to the top of the entire virtual dipstick bar.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Can you describe what you mean by one bar or post a pic of your oil level screen?

-RJM

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
The 'bar' above the "max" line is supposed to be blank, if there is green there, your engine might be overfilled with oil. Just want to make sure you weren't referring to the top of the entire virtual dipstick bar.
You just saved me a bunch of worry. Many thanks.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
You'll be guessing how much to put in. Just wait for it to hit "min" and add a full quart.
I don’t agree with this as it will be close to dangerously low and messing up your motor.

We are assuming that low oil light is even accurate on just how low it really is.

My friend had the 1qt low oil light come on and added 1 Qt. The light came back on. She went to the dealership and they said it actually was over 2qts low..... :(

What I would do like Danny said you will be guessing. Drain the oil and basically do an oil change. At least you will know how much oil is in there and not guess.

Here is the kicker. Who ever did your last oil change, are you sure they added it to full?

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I don’t agree with this as it will be close to dangerously low and messing up your motor.

We are assuming that low oil light is even accurate on just how low it really is.

My friend had the 1qt low oil light come on and added 1 Qt. The light came back on. She went to the dealership and they said it actually was over 2qts low..... :(

What I would do like Danny said you will be guessing. Drain the oil and basically do an oil change. At least you will know how much oil is in there and not guess.

Here is the kicker. Who ever did your last oil change, are you sure they added it to full?
Yeah that would be even better. Drain it all, throw in 7 quarts of a heavier weight, and be done.

Itengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0

Got it done at a Toyota dealer. I believe i checked immediately after and it did show full.

I believe it has the toyota 0w20 oil but not sure if it is just the standard 0w20 or the more specialized gr version
Paperwork says it is the more specialized version but who knows for sure.
Any online site that sells the GR Supra 0w-20 oil?

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Got it done at a Toyota dealer. I believe i checked immediately after and it did show full.

I believe it has the toyota 0w20 oil but not sure if it is just the standard 0w20 or the more specialized gr version
It’s on all the Toyota parts websites

Attachments

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE

Yeah - search the forum. There is a lot of oil discussion. The GR oil is really expensive and unnecessary. However, I would recommend using 0w-20 oil that meets all the specs. Don't give Toyota a reason to try and pin this on you

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Yeah - search the forum. There is a lot of oil discussion. The GR oil is really expensive and unnecessary. However, I would recommend using 0w-20 oil that meets all the specs. Don't give Toyota a reason to try and pin this on you
I got mine pretty cheap from Dayton Toyota parts online. I believe it was around $28.99. I bought like 6 jugs of it and there was no tax Bc out of state and free shipping.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
If I had a '21 with what I suspected was a higher than normal oil consumption issue, wasn't tuned or wasn't tracking, I'd just stick with the 0w-20...for now.

Toyota has acknowledged the issue and there are rumors of a pending TSB (at least) to rectify the issue soon enough...hopefully.

This meets OEM requirements and specs (ACEA C5, API SN Plus + RC and BMW LL-17+ FE) if anyone is interested in saving a buck off the GR-branded oil. You can order it from FCPEuro.com:

https://www.liqui-moly.com/en/us/pr...600-motor-oil-premier-of-liqui-moly-4461.html