Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Wha
2021 Supra 2.0 B48... warning light came on. Below minimum level refill immediately!!!!
Only 4,674 miles on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What does your manual say? Does the 2.0 get the same "add a quart per 1500 miles"?

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
I wonder, if your car was at the maximum allowed oil burn (1 quart every 1500 miles) could you just keep topping off your oil and just change the filter at 10k? Assuming you are someone that follows the book recommendations. I know oil sampling would tell the facts.

Hurst77

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Rediculous!
Dealership told me to bring car back for oil study. Called yesterday and told Toyota has decided not to do the oil study.
That, "you will need to bring the car in every 750 mike's so quart of oil can be added".
absolutely insane that anyone would think this is reasonable for a car with only 8 K miles.
D Dealership also refusing to document anything.
Smelling the lemon law but it will be a huge hassle.

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
Add me to the list. First time was after back-to-back track days which I was I ok with but now after 1k miles I got low oil message again.

I've had N55 and S55 cars before. this is not normal
High oil consumption was a common problem on the (non-turbo) N52, especially the B25 variant. Design shortcomings are well documented online. But with the generous official oil consumption tolerances listed by BMW, it’s a challenge to claim against the warranty.

21Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, Honda CRV Hybrid Touring
Rediculous!
Dealership told me to bring car back for oil study. Called yesterday and told Toyota has decided not to do the oil study.
That, "you will need to bring the car in every 750 mike's so quart of oil can be added".
absolutely insane that anyone would think this is reasonable for a car with only 8 K miles.
What in the fack? For people who daily it that can be 1-2 times a month.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I wonder, if your car was at the maximum allowed oil burn (1 quart every 1500 miles) could you just keep topping off your oil and just change the filter at 10k? Assuming you are someone that follows the book recommendations. I know oil sampling would tell the facts.
Yeah that's fine. Oil filters can go for much longer than 10k. We just change them out of habit and because they're cheap.

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
Rediculous!
holy shit maybe try another dealer?

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Rediculous!
I would contact all the auto news sites. They love writing stories on these types of issues. Best of luck.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Rediculous!
Please share which dealership so we know to stay away from them. That’s the most absurd solution I’ve heard to date.

-RJM

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
Wow, so the some 2.0s have the same issues. If Toyota doesn't take care of you guys y'all need raise this issue across all the online car and Toyota related platforms.