BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Someone should hit up Scotty Kilmer so he can make a vid on this. :p
I don't think I have enough Xanax for that.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
2021 Supra 2.0 B48... warning light came on. Below minimum level refill immediately!!!!
Only 4,674 miles on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm guessing that's about normal. BMW turbocharged motors burn oil. One quart in about 5000 miles is not exactly alarming in my opinion.

NewGuy

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 Premium,18 X5 M
I'm taking mine in tomorrow for oil consumption. I spoke to my service rep and he stated they would run some test. I'll keep you guys posted.

Also, saw some youtube videos about people having their vehicles refunded due to engine replacements taking about 8 weeks and Toyota having to buy new engines from BMW at a high cost.

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0
I got the same burning oil issue. I got a 2021 3.0 Supra and the low oil light came on at 1700 miles I put a quart in and it showed max and then it came back on at 3193 miles I put in 1 quart in and it showed max.

It's like 3800 miles now and it half way from low to full now....so its burning. Going to the dealer soon. No mods completely stock. I followed the break in period. I am not worried but I will go through the process. Sometimes life sucks....but that's why we got a warranty.

I hear engines are $50k so that's why Toyota is buying some of these back. They have not figured out what the issue is yet...when are the 2022 models gonna drop?

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I agree...he has to have one of the most whiney voices I've ever heard...
More than a few seconds of it and I wanna put a gun to my head...

Steve
Agreed. You can be informative and analytical without sounding like Gilbert Gottfried, Sam Kinison or Lewis Black. :rolleyes:

Supertenor

First Name
Supertenor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2.0 2021
Wow, so the some 2.0s have the same issues. If Toyota doesn't take care of you guys y'all need raise this issue across all the online car and Toyota related platforms.
that is most definitely the plan if the issue is not resolved. Every major platform and influencer and legal action.

Supertenor

First Name
Supertenor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2.0 2021
I'm guessing that's about normal. BMW turbocharged motors burn oil. One quart in about 5000 miles is not exactly alarming in my opinion.
Thereā€™s 2 different warning levels. Thereā€™s low and then thereā€™s below minimum. Itā€™s alarming to me bc engines require oil to function properly and maintain longevity without damage.

Supertenor

First Name
Supertenor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2.0 2021
I wonder, if your car was at the maximum allowed oil burn (1 quart every 1500 miles) could you just keep topping off your oil and just change the filter at 10k? Assuming you are someone that follows the book recommendations. I know oil sampling would tell the facts.
Iā€™m someone that letā€™s others handle car issues for me. Iā€™m not touching nothing. Every issue will be brought to Toyota and documented. My schedule is flexible enough to go in to Toyota for every warning light issue.

im not changing to a different oil bc I do not want anything tipped in their favor to deny my warranty.
Resolve the issue or legal action will be taken.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
Thereā€™s 2 different warning levels. Thereā€™s low and then thereā€™s below minimum. Itā€™s alarming to me bc engines require oil to function properly and maintain longevity without damage.
15 years ago you wouldn't even notice an issue for engines that are reaching the low warning at 4500 miles. Most cars replace oil at a 5000 mile interval so being down 1-1.5 quarts wouldn't even be on the radar.