• Total voters

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0
I took mine to the service department today and they said they didn’t know anything about Supras burning oil but they opened up a case for me and told me to come back when the car said low oil on the Supra screen. Also I told them I had to add a quart of oil at 1800 miles and 1 quart at 3200 miles and I got about 3800 miles right now. They also said you don’t have to change the Supra oil till 7500 miles my computer is saying 5k miles right now. So I am in the system and I wait till the low oil light comes back on and take it in and they will check it. There is gonna be a TSB/recall for sure I feel it...
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I took mine to the service department today and they said they didn’t know anything about Supras burning oil but they opened up a case for me and told me to come back when the car said low oil on the Supra screen. Also I told them I had to add a quart of oil at 1800 miles and 1 quart at 3200 miles and I got about 3800 miles right now. They also said you don’t have to change the Supra oil till 7500 miles my computer is saying 5k miles right now. So I am in the system and I wait till the low oil light comes back on and take it in and they will check it. There is gonna be a TSB/recall for sure I feel it...
It almost feels like all dealerships are disconnected from the mothership. We the consumers are the ones educating them and bringing awareness to problems. Shouldn’t that be the other way around??

-RJM

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It almost feels like all dealerships are disconnected from the mothership. We the consumers are the ones educating them and bringing awareness to problems. Shouldn’t that be the other way around??

-RJM
Hell2daYeah i was like ok I will play this game no point in getting upset yet. Since probably all 2021 made after June 2020 will have this issue and there ain’t that many of us with 2021 Supra’s. The Service department said they never got one with burning oil yet so maybe I am the first one they scene. Hopefully toyota does us right! If we all got to get new engines it’s gonna really take a while but hey people if your burning oil go to dealership ASAP and open up a case. None of this is Catastrophic yet but you know eventually these engines are going to blow up because there is some kind of defect but hey we will find out soon!

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten Silver 3.0 Premium Supra
Hell2daYeah i was like ok I will play this game no point in getting upset yet. Since probably all 2021 made after June 2020 will have this issue and there ain’t that many of us with 2021 Supra’s. The Service department said they never got one with burning oil yet so maybe I am the first one they scene. Hopefully toyota does us right! If we all got to get new engines it’s gonna really take a while but hey people if your burning oil go to dealership ASAP and open up a case. None of this is Catastrophic yet but you know eventually these engines are going to blow up because there is some kind of defect but hey we will find out soon!
My build date is 11/20 and I don't have oil consumption issues. Shouldn't assume all builds after 6/20 have oil burning issues.

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My build date is 11/20 and I don't have oil consumption issues. Shouldn't assume all builds after 6/20 have oil burning issues.
How many miles your got yours is still super new you don’t know if your got burning oil issue until you get past 2000 miles! You should not asume your car is good it might be defective. See how this goes both ways bro? You should not asume yours is good but yours might be good not all 2021 are bad! We still don’t know what the real issue is, could be the 0w20 oil could be a defect in certain build dates could be all supras are bad even the 2020 models it’s just that it might show up later on those. We just don’t know even the dealers are clueless. So yeah I agree with you bro we in the dark!

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten Silver 3.0 Premium Supra
How many miles your got yours is still super new you don’t know if your got burning oil issue until you get past 2000 miles! You should not asume your car is good it might be defective. See how this goes both ways bro? You should not asume yours is good but yours might be good not all 2021 are bad! We still don’t know what the real issue is, could be the 0w20 oil could be a defect in certain build dates could be all supras are bad even the 2020 models it’s just that it might show up later on those. We just don’t know even the dealers are clueless. So yeah I agree with you bro we in the dark!
3548 done in two months. Its my daily driver and has been driven 7 days a weeks since Feburary 2nd.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
3555 miles. Had the A91 since October. I'm at the dealership right now for low oil. It's going to stay in the shop for a while. The tech hear said that he knows about the issue and was waiting for a car with this issue to make its way in so that he could take a thorough look at it.

And yesterday I was talking to a friend about being lucky with not having the issue. I was on my way to have some work done to the car when this happened. I figured getting this resolved should take priority over everything else.

Mine is a 6/20 car.

I only drive the car on weekends and I drive it pretty spirited when I do.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
3555 miles. Had the A91 since October. I'm at the dealership right now for low oil. It's going to stay in the shop for a while. The tech hear said that he knows about the issue and was waiting for a car with this issue to make its way in so that he could take a thorough look at it.
First time in 3500 miles or happened more than once?

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3548 done in two months. Its my daily driver and has been driven 7 days a weeks since Feburary 2nd.
Sounds like your Supra in good shape then so maybe the burning oil issue really is for certain VINs....we will see soon

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

And yesterday I was talking to a friend about being lucky with not having the issue. I was on my way to have some work done to the car when this happened. I figured getting this resolved should take priority over everything else.

Mine is a 6/20 car.

I only drive the car on weekends and I drive it pretty spirited when I do.
Does it still have the original oil in it from the factory?

-RJM

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
Weeeeee, every expensive car I ever own that isn't a Porsche has model-wide engine problems (Gen 5 Viper was last), Raptor also.

Tick below "Max" last time I parked the car. Had a spirited 70 mile drive this evening... Tick above "min" now.

Attachments

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
Weeeeee, every expensive car I ever own that isn't a Porsche has model-wide engine problems (Gen 5 Viper was last), Raptor also.

Tick below "Max" last time I parked the car. Had a spirited 70 mile drive this evening... Tick above "min" now.
When you get a chance, can you try to measure it again a few times over the weekend? Saw a few guys on Facebook saying they had the low oil readings after a fun drive, then tested it again a few hours later in a few different locations (they wanted to be sure they were legitimately on flat ground) and it came back with different oil levels. I doubt it's software related (bug) but maybe worth a try.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
When you get a chance, can you try to measure it again a few times over the weekend? Saw a few guys on Facebook saying they had the low oil readings after a fun drive, then tested it again a few hours later in a few different locations (they wanted to be sure they were legitimately on flat ground) and it came back with different oil levels. I doubt it's software related (bug) but maybe worth a try.
I really wish these cars had a dipstick. Its so much easier to see oil level that way. That or have BMW give us the tolerances for the graphic displayed on the oil measure screen. I bet money its at least +/- 1/4 quart in accuracy.

-RJM

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
I really wish these cars had a dipstick. Its so much easier to see oil level that way. That or have BMW give us the tolerances for the graphic displayed on the oil measure screen. I bet money its at least +/- 1/4 quart in accuracy.

-RJM
I understand why they went the electronic way, but I find not having a dipstick to be nerve racking at times.