• Total voters

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
So I took the Supra out yesterday and today, racking up about 200 miles. The car is at 2,265 miles and this car has been driven HARD the entire time, I'm the first owner, the car had 18 miles on the odometer when I bought it. From the time it drove off the lot I've been sending it everytime I drive I. I checked the oil level today and this is the readout following a 60 mile trip filled with very spirited driving.

For clarification, this is a 2021 and I bought it back in October of 2020. It's a 6/20 build date car. This car HAS NOT had an oil change yet, this is still the original oil. For people who know more than I do, does this seem like a normal oil readout for a car still on break in oil, that has been driven pretty damn hard its entire life?

Man I miss DIPSTICKS!!

Attachments

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
So I took the Supra out yesterday and today, racking up about 200 miles. The car is at 2,265 miles and this car has been driven HARD the entire time, I'm the first owner, the car had 18 miles on the odometer when I bought it. From the time it drove off the lot I've been sending it everytime I drive I. I checked the oil level today and this is the readout following a 60 mile trip filled with very spirited driving.

For clarification, this is a 2021 and I bought it back in October of 2020. It's a 6/20 build date car. This car HAS NOT had an oil change yet, this is still the original oil. For people who know more than I do, does this seem like a normal oil readout for a car still on break in oil, that has been driven pretty damn hard its entire life?

Man I miss DIPSTICKS!!
Yup. Looks perfectly fine. BMW states a quart per 1500 miles is acceptable and you're well above that, and you're nowhere near a quart low.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yup. Looks perfectly fine. BMW states a quart per 1500 miles is acceptable and you're well above that, and you're nowhere near a quart low.
Thanks! Out of curiosity have you noticed your oil move off of the "max" line in any of the oil checks you've done? I suppose this question is for everyone actually, especially 2020s. Have any of you noticed the oil move from the max line at all?

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
Thanks! Out of curiosity have you noticed your oil move off of the "max" line in any of the oil checks you've done? I suppose this question is for everyone actually, especially 2020s. Have any of you noticed the oil move from the max line at all?
No but to be fair, I drained that watery crap oil that came from the factory and put in 5w30 liqui moly. I'll update as times goes on. 2k miles on the moly and still reports full.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Never. I had mine since dec 2019

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)

I hope for the sake of my "pocketbook" that you are on to something. The 2.0 will "technically" do but the 3.0 is what I want. ;)

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No but to be fair, I drained that watery crap oil that came from the factory and put in 5w30 liqui moly. I'll update as times goes on. 2k miles on the moly and still reports full.
2020 or 21? When did you do your first oil change?

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Mine has never changed. I did a hard break-in, as I do all my cars. I changed my oil around the 900 mile mark and put in 5W-30. I'm at about 2000 now. Still max.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
2020 or 21? When did you do your first oil change and how often do you check the oil level?
Well I donā€™t think the the 2021 came out back in 2019. Lol

Itā€™s a 2020 and every 6 months. First change after one year.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well I donā€™t think the the 2021 came out back in 2019. Lol

Itā€™s a 2020 and every 6 months. First change after one year.
Ohh snap I didn't pay attention to you saying 2019, my bad.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mine has never changed. I did a hard break-in, as I do all my cars. I changed my oil around the 900 mile mark and put in 5W-30. I'm at about 2000 now. Still max.
I'm thinking I'm going to be swapping to 5W-30! I'm assuming the 0W-20 is just for less emissions crap? I've actually never used anything less than a 30w in my life.
Sponsored