• Total voters

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0
Took it to the dealer today and told them about the unable to check oil level it stops at 20 percent when checking oil even showed them and that the navigation was not active and that it was burning oil.
They checked and said everything was good and changed the oil, but told me to come back when the low oil warning comes back. Dealer is clueless!
Tried checking oil and it still stops at 20 percent, not sure how they know how much oil is in it.
Anybody got the number the toyota corporate so I can make a case? Itā€™s amazing that toyota not training their techs on the GR Supra.
Sponsored

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You donā€™t want these dealers swapping out your engines they will mess it up. Itā€™s amazing they even know how to change the oil ok this car we all know itā€™s Supra easy! Lol! Anything beyond that and these dealers canā€™t cope or diagnose itā€¦.the reason why this ainā€™t gone mainstream and blown up as a big issue is because there really ainā€™t that many GR Supras out thereā€¦the dealers donā€™t know how to work on them.

Deepseahooyah

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Premium
I am coming into this late, I do apologize in advanced. The people that have no oil consumption issues (2021's) only, production date and current mileage? interested to see how many miles people have on there 2021's to take a tally of issues.

my current 2021 bought in April (traded from previous 2021). I currently have 9100 miles, production date Jan 2021, would have more miles but been out of the country for the last 2.5 months.

countless issues before I left. see other thread I started this morning.

ArthurWick

First Name
PA
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I am coming into this late, I do apologize in advanced. The people that have no oil consumption issues (2021's) only, production date and current mileage? interested to see how many miles people have on there 2021's to take a tally of issues.

my current 2021 bought in April (traded from previous 2021). I currently have 9100 miles, production date Jan 2021, would have more miles but been out of the country for the last 2.5 months.

countless issues before I left. see other thread I started this morning.
Built June 20, now at 10K miles, did not take a single drop of oil so far and Iā€™m using the oem 0-20 oil. Did a hard break-in, oil changed at 600, 3000 and 7000 miles. Multiple track and drag days, bulletproof so far.

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey folks I am still unable to fully check rye oil it stops at 20 percent! Already took it into the dealer for this and the oil consumption they changed my oil and said come back when the low oil warning comes on. Does the low oil warning come on even if you canā€™t check the oil level? I think I read somewhere what the issue is with not being able the check oil level canā€™t find its though. Dealer is clueless!

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Built June 20, now at 10K miles, did not take a single drop of oil so far and Iā€™m using the oem 0-20 oil. Did a hard break-in, oil changed at 600, 3000 and 7000 miles. Multiple track and drag days, bulletproof so far.
This might be the way to do it your changing the oil every 3k miles you might never see the add a quart warning!

Deepseahooyah

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Premium
I trying to do some research and narrow down a time frame for this issue (Build Period)

Thank you

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
I've so far travelled 1,700kms (1050 miles) after my first oil change and it's still reading full. I took it easy on the car until the first oil change 7,500kms (4,660 miles) Now I'm beating the car like a red headed step child. Hopefully the consumption has slowed down. I've noticed most of my consumption was happening much quicker when the weather was cold out. February - April (just above freezing)

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Since they have started my oil consumption test I haven't consumed any oil in about 550 miles..

BUT....
Toyota has ask me not to drive the car in sport mode for the next 1200 miles...
Kinda ridiculous that I can't drive the car the way it was suppose to be driven without burning through quarts of oil...

I'll do my time n see what Toyota has to say...

Steve

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Posted in another thread. Low warning notice 6 weeks and ~400-500 miles after first oil change. Total mileage under 3k. Never tracked. Followed break-in guidelines.

Rut-row.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Hey folks I am still unable to fully check rye oil it stops at 20 percent! Already took it into the dealer for this and the oil consumption they changed my oil and said come back when the low oil warning comes on. Does the low oil warning come on even if you canā€™t check the oil level? I think I read somewhere what the issue is with not being able the check oil level canā€™t find its though. Dealer is clueless!
I would take it back to the dealer and tell them you want the oil check functionality fixed under warranty. If they won't fix it, try a different dealership I guess, but that just seems like bullshit that they are ignoring what is obviously defective software or hardware with the car. It isn't like they can say "our tech tested it and it worked fine" if it always stops at 20%.
Sponsored