Car excessively burning oil?

Is your car excessively burning oil?

• Total voters

21Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, Honda CRV Hybrid Touring
I think you're being a little paranoid as most of this is building out the data for opening the case. None of those would be grounds for warranty voids (but I would definitely omit racetracks :D ).
Hence why I edited my original post lol. Started to think maybe I was being a bit......much? I just have trust issues with dealerships. Sales Finance. Service. All of it:(
Sponsored

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,
Hence why I edited my original post lol. Started to think maybe I was being a bit......much? I just have trust issues with dealerships. Sales Finance. Service. All of it:(
Haha. I mean, you're not wrong. They're all out to fuck you over despite what their email signatures and mission statements may say.

Drakov

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
I checked my oil level at 5k before oil change and it was still at max. My commute to work is 30+ miles with most of it being hwy. Not sure if the folks that are have consumption issues are driving less and not letting the oil/engine get to temp.

My previous 335i with the n54 engine seemed it would use more oil the less I drove it...

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
I've had about a half dozen previous iterations of this engine in prior BMWs (N54, N55, and a 2017 440i with the B58). The N54s needed about a quart every 4-6k miles, pretty routine. I occasionally had to add to the N55. Never got the add-oil message with the prior B58. At 3k miles and 4 months on the Supra, no issues at all so far, and just minor carbon deposits on the exhaust tips, inline with what I got on the 440i.

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7
I dont know jack about cars so forgive me in advance. Would low oil at 10K miles be okay? Thats about when it is due for service so to me that might actually make sense? Someone smarter than me feel free to take it from here:D
Not really it shouldn't really have any oil consumption. The first time I checked was already getting low. But between 5k-10k and it actually being below the minimum isn't normal.

21Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, Honda CRV Hybrid Touring
Not really it shouldn't really have any oil consumption. The first time I checked was already getting low. But between 5k-10k and it actually being below the minimum isn't normal.
I always kinda thought that whatever the amount of oil you put in is pretty much what you get out. It just seems like a lot of people are okay with it being low after a few thousand miles. I dont understand that but I am far form an expert. I know they dont all have that issue so I will see how it goes but it does make me question whether I can truly keep this car long term like I originally wanted to.

Last edited:

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
So this was just posted online. Not sure about the intent behind some of these questions. Maybe just be careful in how you answer them.

1615413114380.png
It's interesting they explicitly ask for 'racetracks'. Not sure I'd answer truthfully or not to that question...

Since there's no screenshot/graphical representation in our owners manual, can someone confirm that the extremes of bar shows the oil level of the car at either above max (e.g. overfilled) as well as below min (under filled)?
12C771C8-5E85-44B6-AF27-F0F1DAA99159_1_105_c.jpeg

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
It's interesting they explicitly ask for 'racetracks'. Not sure I'd answer truthfully or not to that question...

Since there's no screenshot/graphical representation in our owners manual, can someone confirm that the extremes of bar shows the oil level of the car at either above max (e.g. overfilled) as well as below min (under filled)?
12C771C8-5E85-44B6-AF27-F0F1DAA99159_1_105_c.jpeg
Not sure. Even though the official capacity is 6.9 quarts, I put in 7. I bought a 5 quart and 2 single quarts and put it all in and after a short drive did the measuring and it was at Max.

Supra Bird

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium Phantom
Sorry to hear that man. You might be the guy that Glenn had told me about if you're in Jax. Just curious which dealer locally did the service on yours and have you been happy with the service dept?
Yeah I work with Glenn. Coggin did the engine swap. The head tech guy Mike came with solid recommendations. Iā€™m sure it was his first Supra motor swap but unlikely his first engine swap. Everything seems fine from the last thousand or so miles Iā€™ve put on it since I got it back though. BMW is apparently very strict on what the techs can do. They want the motor back pretty much untouched from being pulled out from what I understand. As for Coggin, that was my first Supra service with them but overall Iā€™m good with them. They have taken care of all my other Toyotaā€™s.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Yeah I work with Glenn. Coggin did the engine swap. The head tech guy Mike came with solid recommendations. Iā€™m sure it was his first Supra motor swap but unlikely his first engine swap. Everything seems fine from the last thousand or so miles Iā€™ve put on it since I got it back though. BMW is apparently very strict on what the techs can do. They want the motor back pretty much untouched from being pulled out from what I understand. As for Coggin, that was my first Supra service with them but overall Iā€™m good with them. They have taken care of all my other Toyotaā€™s.
man it does suck to hear that it needed a new motor already. Was just wondering since Iā€™m starting to see some electrical gremlins and itā€™s going to have to be serviced. Appreciate you sharing the experience. My car has a tune and Downpipe and Iā€™ll have to tune back to stock before bringing it in.

QQ520TT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Solara, FRS, Prius
Here is my story. 2021 user, 5 months 5150 miles so far. I already had two track days, one in Feb and one last Saturday. Checked the engine oil before the second track day. Oil level was at the maximum.

So, few days after the second track day, I want to do the first service and the first free oil change at the dealer. Very funny, two hours before the appointment, a warning message showed up and said the oil level at the minimum level...WTF, what a great timing. Anyway, told the dealer what happened. They came back to me and said it is just computer calculated the aggressiveness you reved your engine and assume your engine level is low. I was like....another BMW bs... They didn't mention any questionnaires from TOYOTA. I think I am gonna report this to my service manager.

Car drives great so far, nothing else to complain...but still, no high hope for BMW reliability...

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Here is my story. 2021 user, 5 months 5150 miles so far. I already had two track days, one in Feb and one last Saturday. Checked the engine oil before the second track day. Oil level was at the maximum.

So, few days after the second track day, I want to do the first service and the first free oil change at the dealer. Very funny, two hours before the appointment, a warning message showed up and said the oil level at the minimum level...WTF, what a great timing. Anyway, told the dealer what happened. They came back to me and said it is just computer calculated the aggressiveness you reved your engine and assume your engine level is low. I was like....another BMW bs... They didn't mention any questionnaires from TOYOTA. I think I am gonna report this to my service manager.

Car drives great so far, nothing else to complain...but still, no high hope for BMW reliability...
whoever told you that is a moron.....
Sponsored