• Total voters

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0
2021 3.0 Premium owner here. Got my first low oil notification at 3600 miles, added a quart and it showed the oil level at max. It's been 1000 miles now and checked it yesterday and it's showing right in the middle of min and max. Was contemplating doing my first oil change at 5000 miles.
I got in the Supra today and got the warning to change oil at 4800 miles I got 3700 miles. Car still shows oil level at halfway from min to max. It has burned 2 quarts of oil one at 1800 miles and one at 3100 miles. Let see if I can get to 4800 miles without the low oil warning. Dealer said bring it in next time I get the low oil warning.
Sponsored

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
1400 miles and still full. At Toyota now for alignment post spring install. I mentioned others having oil burning issues and she asked me if I’ve received my letter from Toyota about it yet. Stated they have sent out letters acknowledging the issue.
Heard that. Will continue wait to FBO my '21 until this is resolved just to be safe.
Too risky right now with this non-sense. No issues so far but they could pop up or have an affected VIN. Waiting....

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
1400 miles and still full. At Toyota now for alignment post spring install. I mentioned others having oil burning issues and she asked me if I’ve received my letter from Toyota about it yet. Stated they have sent out letters acknowledging the issue.
It should be interesting to see what Toyota has to say about it. Maybe new recommended oil, or piston ring replacements or maybe they say only a certain VIN sequence affected?

-RJM

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
oh i get it. Because ive only worked on other b58’s, nothing applies because this is a 2jzb58

hahahahaha

Not nothing. But obviously some things FI issues are not exclusive or universal

Also helps keep straight on an open forum like this who is speaking from what actual experience

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Heard that. Will continue wait to FBO my '21 until this is resolved just to be safe.
Too risky right now with this non-sense. No issues so far but they could pop up or have an affected VIN. Waiting....
Yeah. I'm getting in a pretty significant amount of parts, but now I don't even want to do anything to the car until this gets settled.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JT; 1290SAR
Not nothing. But obviously some things FI issues are not exclusive or universal

Also helps keep straight on an open forum like this who is speaking from what actual experience
no youre right. Owning a car you know very little about trumps 2 decades of working off and on in race shops, especially because the b58 used in the supra is unlike any other bmw engine before it, so no experience will hold true. Thats why all toyota techs that are going to work on the supra have to first own a supra.

i think you’ll have this issue figured out soon. Just keep sitting in the seat and the answer will come to you....on to the ignore list you go ?

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Has anybody ever considered that maybe the oil wasn’t filled all the way full from the factory? Or after the first oil change by Toyota, they also didn’t fill it all the way top either.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
Has anybody ever considered that maybe the oil wasn’t filled all the way full from the factory? Or after the first oil change by Toyota, they also didn’t fill it all the way top either.
I put in 0.1q extra into mine, and it's nearly to MIN after 2500 miles. The key part being it went from MAX to MIN within the last 200 miles. I think there's just too many examples of this for it to be a mix-up or mistake of that nature.

ArthurWick

First Name
PA
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Toyota needs to hurry up and release a TSB. More and more 21 owners seem to be having this issue. Those who answered no, what is your mileage?
5K miles on my 21, 1st oil change at 1200 miles with the 0w20 oem oil. I did a hard engine break-in, lots of pulls, lots of heat cycles, constantly varying rpm. 2 drag strip days and 2 track days so far and my car did not lost a single drop of oil so far. I really think the smooth engine break-in is the culprit for those who have oil consumption problem with the 21.

redspencer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue Supra; Track-tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken TCD
I put in 0.1q extra into mine, and it's nearly to MIN after 2500 miles. The key part being it went from MAX to MIN within the last 200 miles. I think there's just too many examples of this for it to be a mix-up or mistake of that nature.
I noticed the same rapid drop happening to mine as well. My Supra was at the Max level up to 1300 miles and when I checked again at the 1400 mile mark, the oil indicator showed me losing 1/4 a quart of oil. I finally hit the 1500 mile mark and the oil level is slightly above minimum.

I just bought a jug of Castrol Edge 0w20 and will top it off once I get the low oil warning message. When the car is due for its annual complimentary oil change, I'll provide the service advisor with the pics so they can begin documenting the issue.

20210417_192751.jpg

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
I noticed the same rapid drop happening to mine as well. My Supra was at the Max level up to 1300 miles and when I checked again at the 1400 mile mark, the oil indicator showed me losing 1/4 a quart of oil. I finally hit the 1500 mile mark and the oil level is slightly above minimum.

I just bought a jug of Castrol Edge 0w20 and will top it off once I get the low oil warning message. When the car is due for its annual complimentary oil change, I'll provide the service advisor with the pics so they can begin documenting the issue.

20210417_192751.jpg
Gah, that sucks, man. I thought I was out of the woods when I had passed 2000 miles since my oil change and not a drop was burnt. I am thinking that the max-min lines might be less than a quart, maybe half or a quarter, and that's why it rapidly drops.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Yeah some people on here are too emotional about this, yeah it’s true some 2021 supras have an issue with burning oil but we all got a warranty (unless yours is voided) so we will all be good as long as you report your issue! Come forward and don’t be scared about it! Mistakes were made somewhere and toyota will get to the bottom of it!
Yeah n some people are just natural d bags(tsar looking a you)
So...my car now has 3040 miles on it...
Went for a ride today n when finished I checked the oil level...
3/4 low...

My first low oil message came on at 2530...
So in less then 1000 miles I've consumed almost 1qt of oil...

I do have 1 track day (5-15/20 minute sessions driven pretty hard)...
Does this explain the quart of oil lose?

Definitely gonna get Toyota involved..to me that's alot of oil!?

Steve
Officially got my second low oil warning tonight...
Less than 700 miles between quarts...

Anyone saying this is normal don't know what they're talking about...

Really gotta find time to get to the dealer?

Steve
Sponsored