Car shutter when braking.

BadCat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yall experience a bit of shutter when braking hard at all?

Didn't know if yall had the issue?

OP
OP

BadCat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
You mean the engine decel, or like a suspension like shake?

The engine definitely aggressively downshifts, which is almost a "shutter"
Definitely braking. Not on the decel. And not all the time. Almost like auto braking system is pulsating a tiny bit.

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I haven’t had this issue but is your front collision thing braking for you? I turned that off

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Have you tracked your car, are you aggressive on the brakes, do you live in a hilly area?

Could be warped rotors. It would feel like a pulsation through the brake pedal and sometimes through the steering wheel. I haven’t run into that with the Supra but it’s been an issue for us with several other cars (we live in the Texas Hill Country and it’s hard on brakes). A good shop can diagnose it quickly.

OP
OP

BadCat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I haven’t had this issue but is your front collision thing braking for you? I turned that off
No its only when I press the brake

OP
OP

BadCat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Have you tracked your car, are you aggressive on the brakes, do you live in a hilly area?

Could be warped rotors. It would feel like a pulsation through the brake pedal and sometimes through the steering wheel. I haven’t run into that with the Supra but it’s been an issue for us with several other cars (we live in the Texas Hill Country and it’s hard on brakes). A good shop can diagnose it quickly.
This is likely the issues now that I think about it. I'll check the rotors. Car only has 3k ont it....

OP
OP

BadCat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Following up on the actual issue. Took the car to Toyota, turns out lower a arm bolts were loose... caused the rattling and shaking when braking. Toyota said they weren't charging me for tightening them up as if they had done me a true solid...

Lived to drive another day.

MYNEWFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Gray Supra Premium
Following up on the actual issue. Took the car to Toyota, turns out lower a arm bolts were loose... caused the rattling and shaking when braking. Toyota said they weren't charging me for tightening them up as if they had done me a true solid...

Good that it's been sorted.
I was going to say that warped rotors normally only pulsate the brake pedal.

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra

How do those come loose?! Did you mod the suspension?

If I was Toyota and suspension bolts were loose on an unmodified car, I’d tighten them with locktite and go back to look for other examples of that occurring.