Cars Wi-Fi password?

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
So I have android and IM trying to mirror the phone. I go into the cars setup and chose mirror it tells me the wifi name and to connect my phone. I go to phone and turn on wifi and select the cars wif and..... it asks me for a password??? Ive looked everywhere through every menu through the manual. I cant find anywhere there is any password mentioned. Matter of fact in the manual on page 72 it doesn't mention anything at all about needing a password for screen mirroring and to make it more confusing on page 72 it tells you to refer to page 72 for the answers..? Um im already on page 72 and there is no info. anyone?

Also I have my phone paired and i have contacts shared for messages and I can make and receive phone calls but for the life of me I can not get incoming texts to show up on screen when I get them. I have tried many settings and then Ill have someone text me and nada nothing .. nothing shows on screen. Are these infotainment radios just hostel to android in this car?

I swear this is the single most confusing owners manual I have ever had I cant find anything in it. or if you do its only half explained in 1 sentence.

To make it worse on screen mirroring the owners manual tells you to see the navigation manual for more info... go to navigation manual it tells you to see the owners manual for more info.. LOL I think thee writers of these manuals needed to communicate better
Sponsored

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
I haven't tried the mirroring option, but see if these videos help.

This one is in Spanish and I don't know if mirroring works differently outside the US (WiFI not needed?):

This is for a BMW and looks pretty much the same as the Supra:

I think the Messages screen is reserved for system messages and does not receive phone texts. I have an iPhone and so texts are shown via CarPlay and Siri can read them and reply.

OP
OP

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I haven't tried the mirroring option, but see if these videos help.

This one is in Spanish and I don't know if mirroring works differently outside the US (WiFI not needed?):

This is for a BMW and looks pretty much the same as the Supra:

I think the Messages screen is reserved for system messages and does not receive phone texts. I have an iPhone and so texts are shown via CarPlay and Siri can read them and reply.
I'm doing everything like in those two videos. But when I get to the part of the phone and chose the car it then asks for a password. Those videos and the manual mention nothing of a password. As for text messages. Really it doesn't do that simple task? Don't think I have had a car last 10 years that didn't. Building a car that does not support 80 percent of the phones on the planet is sorta short sighted.

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I'm doing everything like in those two videos. But when I get to the part of the phone and chose the car it then asks for a password. Those videos and the manual mention nothing of a password. As for text messages. Really it doesn't do that simple task? Don't think I have had a car last 10 years that didn't. Building a car that does not support 80 percent of the phones on the planet is sorta short sighted.
whihc phone do you have?

I have a pixel 2 and I read that google removed the feature to mirror screen to devices and you can only cast if you have a chromecast on TV's. its dumb but thats what google did to sell more of those little chromecasts.

But if you have a samsung then it should work
Sponsored