Catless on the street?

Nickusa52

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Debating on running a catless DP for a daily. Mostly curious if anyone has had any other issues aside from the smell and sound? Anyone ever had any legal issues?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nickusa52

Nickusa52

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
it wont pass emission in most states
In my state only certain cities do visual tests and other look for an obd code. How much more restrictive would a high flow catted dp be? Trying to weigh options here without setting my power and torque ceiling low on accident.

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
In my state only certain cities do visual tests and other look for an obd code. How much more restrictive would a high flow catted dp be? Trying to weigh options here without setting my power and torque ceiling low on accident.
This is a good write up explaining the pros and cons on an N55 BMW motor.

https://bmwtuning.co/bmw-n55-downpipes-guide-catless-vs-high-flow/

You’ll fail emissions going catless. Had a buddy with a 135i try deleting his primary CATs and attempted to pass with just secondary CATs and he still failed.

You can, of course, go catless and then reinstall the stock pipe prior to any emission testing. Just more of a headache than anything.

OP
OP
Nickusa52

Nickusa52

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Anyone know around what power/torque range a hi flow catted dp will start causing restriction at? Ive decided on a catted dp but I'm wondering if it's worth the wait and to get the cg precision one or just run one of cheaper and available ones.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I've always gone catless on my motorcycles, I plan on going catless with the supra in the coming weeks. I live in FL though so there's no emission testing here. A tune will be recommended to make use of the additional flow and to get rid of the check engine light that WILL appear.

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just installed a catless DP on my car. It smells a little but doesn’t bother me at all. I also think it’s the perfect volume on cold start. It’s loud but not annoying.
Not trying to hijack this thread, but any tips on your Downpipe install? I just ordered one and will be installing it myself.

OP
OP
Nickusa52

Nickusa52

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Not trying to hijack this thread, but any tips on your Downpipe install? I just ordered one and will be installing it myself.
Not yet actually ordered one from boost logic and gonna be doing the same thing. Watching the metric fvck ton of install vids on youtube though ?

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not yet actually ordered one from boost logic and gonna be doing the same thing. Watching the metric fvck ton of install vids on youtube though ?
Lmao, same. Hoping I can get the old pipe out without taking off the under tray. Looks easy but a PIA to take out all the bolts, especially without power tools :rolleyes:

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Lmao, same. Hoping I can get the old pipe out without taking off the under tray. Looks easy but a PIA to take out all the bolts, especially without power tools :rolleyes:
Don’t do that. I watched the Powerneedy video. All you have to do is jack the front of the car up and remove stuff from the top of the engine. Took me about 2 hours and I was going slowly.

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Don’t do that. I watched the Powerneedy video. All you have to do is jack the front of the car up and remove stuff from the top of the engine. Took me about 2 hours and I was going slowly.
Well I’ve got ramps so hopefully it won’t be too difficult. Did you remove the v clamp from the top or the bottom?
Sponsored