Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
  • Banned
Yes, I know, do a search, but I need new/recent comments and advice on this, as there are so many new DP’s available now. Which one Doesn’t show a CEL??? I have simple mods, just an CAI and exhaust. Thx
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Yes, I know, do a search, but I need new/recent comments and advice on this, as there are so many new DP’s available now. Which one Doesn’t show a CEL??? I have simple mods, just an CAI and exhaust. Thx
Every answer you get will be biased, as is mine. MAPerformance. Right price, no CEL, fitment was perfect, GESI cat, sounds fine. idk. I can't really comment since it's the only DP I've had, and I don't care about how the car sounds, I just want to go zoom zoom down the track for a few seconds, then eat cookies with @puzzled and @ikeaboy

OP
OP
Drnick

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
  • Banned
Zrk which cat did u buy they sell several

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 NSX, 2016 428i Gran Coupe
Active Autowerks. Couldn't be happier with sound and fitment. No CEL.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Theres an AMS catted DP in the classifieds. Might wanna try that one. I can tell you the MXP catted and CTS catted ones will throw a code.

OP
OP
Drnick

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
  • Banned
Thanks for the info, do these cats have a flow rating of some sort?

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Every answer you get will be biased, as is mine. MAPerformance. Right price, no CEL, fitment was perfect, GESI cat, sounds fine. idk. I can't really comment since it's the only DP I've had, and I don't care about how the car sounds, I just want to go zoom zoom down the track for a few seconds, then eat cookies with @puzzled and @ikeaboy
Hear, hear!

1632316785816.png

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ok, can anyone either dispute this,or support this? With actual facts.
There was a forum poll a while back, but I can't find it. Any GESI catted DP should be fine.

The facts are pretty simple. O2 sensor on each side of the cat, if the cat is doing it's job, you won't get a CEL. This means any DP using a GESI cat should be fine.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
DUDE DO A SEARCH. I'm kidding. I do the same thing. Been running the AA catted downpipe for quite some time now and no CEL. I push the car hard (track, autocross, and road) and have other mods that would make a CEL more likely, as well. It's a great, high-quality part that produces an excellent sound and gains. Highly recommended.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Honestly, it is worth searching because the main options will not have changed much from 2020. XPH's list looks right to me. I have had the AA catted downpipe for a few thousand miles and no CEL. I am very pleased with it.

I will say that I do not see the point of paying extra for a catted downpipe that still throws a CEL. If there are in fact a bunch of new options on the market (I'm not sure there are), here is a rule of thumb: unless the manufacturer guarantees no CEL, then it will probably throw a CEL at some point eventually.

Also, I would not concern yourself with flow ratings or 4.5" vs 5" or w/e because the difference is negligible. The main distinction will be between catted and catless, and even then it is a ~10-15 HP difference, which I am not sure any of us could reliably detect.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honestly, it is worth searching because the main options will not have changed much from 2020. XPH's list looks right to me. I have had the AA catted downpipe for a few thousand miles and no CEL. I am very pleased with it.

I will say that I do not see the point of paying extra for a catted downpipe that still throws a CEL. If there are in fact a bunch of new options on the market (I'm not sure there are), here is a rule of thumb: unless the manufacturer guarantees no CEL, then it will probably throw a CEL at some point eventually.

Also, I would not concern yourself with flow ratings or 4.5" vs 5" or w/e because the difference is negligible. The main distinction will be between catted and catless, and even then it is a ~10-15 HP difference, which I am not sure any of us could reliably detect.
I'm telling ya. MAPerformance says no CEL and there's no CEL. Untuned, 4000 miles on it.
Sponsored