Chevy C7 Corvette vs Toyota Supra

unload

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I now own a Supra and previously owned a C7. Different cars- Like the majority of people, I never had/will have the opportunity, ability, or willingness to drive either car to it's limits so I can drive both cars just as fast as the other. This is true I would bet for 99.99 % of car owners. If we did stock vs stock, with the best drivers in the world like for like yes, the C7 wins a race on most tracks. But for me the biggest differentiation is the grandpa factor.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Owned both...And both primarily driven as daily drivers...

For me the Supra is far more nimble and comfortable as a daily driver than my C7 was...Also feels good to be back in a turbo!

SupraC8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hellcat
Used c7 z06 is pretty much same price as new Supra now.
Those of you who already own Supra, would you consider switching(even trade)?
Here is one for 53k for example with 40k mile
upload_2020-3-8_19-51-22.png

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
supra better as a daily driver, id get the corvette if you just want a weekend car

madweazl

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'15 Mustang GT & '13 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Vehicle Showcase
Z06 is supposed to have an outstanding ride quality actually. 40k miles is more than I'd want for the price vs a new Supra though.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
4-5 year old 650hp car with 40K miles

Vs new 20' model 340hp car

I would not compare the two, completely different cars with different purposes

madweazl

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'15 Mustang GT & '13 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking Z51.

Abdulisraddd

First Name
Abdul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
My Supra takes stock Z06’s with just a downpipe and tune :drive:

Exia

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 M7 Corvette Z06, 2022 M3 Competition xDrive
As a Z06 owner considering a Supra as a stablemate, if you gave me the keys to both I'd take the Z06 especially if it came in the 7 speed manual. 650hp manual with 335 wide rears? yes please. That being said comparing a new car MSRP to a used vehicle with equivalent sticker price will always end the same way. It depends on individual wants and needs. Do you need a warranty? Do you value performance per dollar? Does depreciation make your soul hurt? These are questions you must ask yourself.

I have yet to drive a Supra but the Z06 Corvette, as much as people like to compliment the ride, is stiff, if you have to drive over rough surfaces you will feel every crack, you won't unsettle the car, but you will feel it. The tires are huge and provide massive tramlining. For what the car is it is quite good as a street car but its still a weapon and the car makes you aware of this. Without even driving the Supra I can guarantee it is the better daily driver, if thats something you value. On a nice smooth highway though the Z06 is lovely, lots of road noise but very comfy, tons of passing power. Feels very GT car when you put it in top gear and just cruise the highway. The potential for topless driving also can't be understated in a Corvette, can't do that in the Supra.

Personally if I had to commute in either car and do majority city driving I'd take the Supra. If my commute was majority highway I'd take the Corvette. For a weekend car I'd take the 7 speed manual Z06 over the Supra. I would not even consider an automatic 8 speed Corvette. If auto is a must, get a Supra and tune it. Unless you really want supercharged V8 noises.

I'd imagine most people looking at new A90s know they could afford better performance cars in the used market for the same money, especially American V8 performance cars considering how many there are to choose from in the used market. The Supra is in fact a perfect match for a C7 Stingray but not the Z06.

TLDR: If your going to use the car as primarily a weekend vehicle then a manual Z06 will probably deliver more smiles, at least it does for me. The Supra is the winner for city/daily driven duty however. I would completely ignore any C7 Corvette with an automatic and get the Supra every time. Just my opinion though, your opinions may differ.

white_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2009 Nissan GTR/2006 Mitsubishi Evo/2020 Toyota Supra (maybe?)
Vehicle Showcase

Abdulisraddd

First Name
Abdul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I can't tell if you are serious or being sarcastic. I hope is the latter.
dead serious bro I’ve done a bunch 60 rolls not talking about 1/4th mile .
Sponsored