Clean Air Act & EPA flags?

FLtrackdays

Well-Known Member
First Name
MF
Joined
Mar 6, 2022
Threads
8
Messages
358
Reaction score
287
Location
the least restrictive State in the USA
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2016 MX5, 2019 GTI

Antiq8ted_Ex0

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2022
Threads
2
Messages
77
Reaction score
90
Location
PA
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
If there was a serious effort to go green, it would start with cargo ships and the industrial sector. With the cost of electricity going through the roof, and the cost of these vehicles, as well as the lack of infrastructure to support electric vehicles, this is not realistic. It is going to be very interesting where all of this goes in the coming years.

Another thing no one talks about is most if not all local service centers will be out of business due to the lack of public repair/proprietary information/equipment on or for these vehicles.
 

gixxersixxerman

Well-Known Member
First Name
Thomas
Joined
Sep 18, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
195
Reaction score
400
Location
Las Vegas
Car(s)
2020 Supra
The only green thing about an EV is the price and the only clean thing is your bank account after you pay for it.

0D07D0C5-1234-4CED-9CA8-07367177BCC1.jpeg


Then there is the questionable aspect of mining metals for batteries:

https://www.cfact.org/2022/06/07/is-it-ethical-to-purchase-a-lithium-battery-powered-ev/
I always find it amusing when people from Cali post this. 0.2 percent of California's power comes from coal. 65% of cali's electric is Natural gas, nuclear and large hydro, the other 35% is renewable. Cali has 40% of all EV's and FL and TX most of the rest.

Just say for what ever reason YOU are against EV's.. you dont need to post fake news cartoons.
 
OP
OP
FLtrackdays

FLtrackdays

Well-Known Member
First Name
MF
Joined
Mar 6, 2022
Threads
8
Messages
358
Reaction score
287
Location
the least restrictive State in the USA
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2016 MX5, 2019 GTI
There is some good irony in that cartoon. EVs sure aren't cheap. Hybrids seemed like a pretty good direction things were heading in a market driven economy. Gas if you got stuck in a pinch, electric to help extend the range... But now with a force of hand, we all pay the price in cost of goods. Regardless, I was referring to a different government oversight. That R&T article. Seems like they really went after that tuner company. And who's to say the end user may be told they can't drive their vehicles on the road if you, heaven forbid, mod your car?
 

Evolution

Well-Known Member
First Name
Sean
Joined
Mar 10, 2021
Threads
11
Messages
816
Reaction score
1,266
Location
CA
Car(s)
Too many to list
Not all EVs are expensive. I got mine for $28k and its even got some options. On top of that, I got a free 240v outlet installed and getting another $2k back from CA. The big one is that my electricity rates at home got cut in a 1/3 thanks to being an EV owner. That itself pays for what I use charging the car and then some.
 
OP
OP
FLtrackdays

FLtrackdays

Well-Known Member
First Name
MF
Joined
Mar 6, 2022
Threads
8
Messages
358
Reaction score
287
Location
the least restrictive State in the USA
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2016 MX5, 2019 GTI

PikkaGTR

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 28, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
115
Reaction score
239
Location
Bay Area
Car(s)
Zupra
Imagine all of Florida is EV today.
If there is a hurricane tomorrow, everyone would try and flee, but would inevitably run out of electricity on the highways
Can you imagine the mess and time it would take to clear 10k EV cars stuck on the highways
It's not like you can put in a gal of gas to each and have them drive to the nearest gas station
Electric cars are the future , just not plug in
They would be battery powered, but with some kind of alternative fuel, like hydrogen
 

Thraxbert

Well-Known Member
First Name
Robert
Joined
May 3, 2021
Threads
16
Messages
420
Reaction score
778
Location
Texas
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
I always find it amusing when people from Cali post this. 0.2 percent of California's power comes from coal. 65% of cali's electric is Natural gas, nuclear and large hydro, the other 35% is renewable. Cali has 40% of all EV's and FL and TX most of the rest.

Just say for what ever reason YOU are against EV's.. you dont need to post fake news cartoons.
100% true. Time and time again, people post the bullshit meme that EVs just "outsource" emissions to the power plant. But even in the most dire analyses, the total lifecycle carbon/emissions from an EV is profoundly better than a petrol car. I have zeeeeeero interest in an EV, but I have to acknowledge the facts: EVs use the power plant, true, but it's MUCH better than gas.
 
OP
OP
FLtrackdays

FLtrackdays

Well-Known Member
First Name
MF
Joined
Mar 6, 2022
Threads
8
Messages
358
Reaction score
287
Location
the least restrictive State in the USA
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2016 MX5, 2019 GTI
100% true. Time and time again, people post the bullshit meme that EVs just "outsource" emissions to the power plant. But even in the most dire analyses, the total lifecycle carbon/emissions from an EV is profoundly better than a petrol car. I have zeeeeeero interest in an EV, but I have to acknowledge the facts: EVs use the power plant, true, but it's MUCH better than gas.
Absolutely true! However trying to apply California to South Dakota with Federal laws which effect all States, makes no sense. If California want to ban exhaust or tunes, wear masks, get your 5th vaccine, to name a few and have the highest taxes & cost of living in the US, they have every right to elect those peeps in there. I happen to love less regulations and our gov Ron Desantis. So I choose to live here.

My fear, like the R&T article, is when the Feds get involved with my tune or tailpipe. Blanket rules and regs that effect us all without proper thought. A lot of these regulations are knee jerk, “feels good”, political reactions without a lot of “what if” thought put in them.
 
Last edited:
OP
OP
FLtrackdays

FLtrackdays

Well-Known Member
First Name
MF
Joined
Mar 6, 2022
Threads
8
Messages
358
Reaction score
287
Location
the least restrictive State in the USA
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2016 MX5, 2019 GTI
@Thraxbert had a great post elsewhere about E85 gas - which I would have never considered if he hadn’t mentioned all the pros in detail. If just doing a tune and some mods for running E85, would that be considered “illegal” or something that would get the EPA peeps feathers ruffled, like in that R&T article?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu... -- High Minus Dormant and 90 Day Non Openers

I realize we should trust the government and this is a really sensitive subject. But I still can’t get over why they would go after a tuning company so expeditiously 🤷‍♂️
Really appreciate everyones post & opinions!
 

Tsar

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2019
Threads
6
Messages
650
Reaction score
722
Location
New Jersey
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Imagine all of Florida is EV today.
If there is a hurricane tomorrow, everyone would try and flee, but would inevitably run out of electricity on the highways
Can you imagine the mess and time it would take to clear 10k EV cars stuck on the highways
It's not like you can put in a gal of gas to each and have them drive to the nearest gas station
Electric cars are the future , just not plug in
They would be battery powered, but with some kind of alternative fuel, like hydrogen
Imagine everyone rushing to the gas stations with everyone else and then standing in line to only discover gas stations is out of gas. Rinse and repeat. Happened during the last big hurricane in Louisiana, if I remember right. Lines and outages happen every time there’s a big snow storm coming in the North East too.
Everyone can play that game. Meanwhile, I’ll plug in my wife’s Tesla at home and charge it for 10.66. Supra is gonna be the emergency car I guess.
 

PikkaGTR

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 28, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
115
Reaction score
239
Location
Bay Area
Car(s)
Zupra
Imagine everyone rushing to the gas stations with everyone else and then standing in line to only discover gas stations is out of gas. Rinse and repeat. Happened during the last big hurricane in Louisiana, if I remember right. Lines and outages happen every time there’s a big snow storm coming in the North East too.
Everyone can play that game. Meanwhile, I’ll plug in my wife’s Tesla at home and charge it for 10.66. Supra is gonna be the emergency car I guess.
Missed the point entirely
You can move a bunch of out of gas cars on the highway with a gal of gas
How do you move a bunch of zero charge EVs off the highway? Bring a diesel generator and wait???
 

Tsar

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2019
Threads
6
Messages
650
Reaction score
722
Location
New Jersey
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Missed the point entirely
You can move a bunch of out of gas cars on the highway with a gal of gas
How do you move a bunch of zero charge EVs off the highway? Bring a diesel generator and wait???
Never ran out of gas on the highway and don’t plan to run out of charge either. Dunno why I’d be making a dumbass move like that. :dunno:
 

 
Top