Clicking noise when steering assist activates

wpy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra MKV
Hi all,

Context:

Had my Supra for about a month (~600miles), I changed the steering wheel about 2 weeks ago. After I installed the steering wheel, I noticed that it was off center (if I keep the steering wheel straight, the wheels will be pointing slightly to the left). I read that this was a common issue with aftermarket steering wheels and I was planning to go get an alignment to fix this.

Issue:

About a week ago, I noticed that there is a low ticking noise that lasts about 5-8 ticks whenever my steering assist activates when I start to swerve out of my lane while driving. This happens when I swerve both right/left.

This does not happen when I am turning, only when the system detects I am swerving out of my lane.

I turned off steering assist but the ticking noise is still there, it seems to be caused by the sensor that activates whenever it detects I am not in my lane.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? I will bring my car to the dealership next week to get it checked out, but any information here would be helpful so I can communicate to the techs.

Thanks
Sponsored

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Is it the vibration motor? Maybe that wasn’t reinstalled properly in the new wheel

Reactions: zrk