Clicking sound coming from seat

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
I have these plastic sounding clicks I get when I go over small undulations in the road or when the seat moves to or fro while accelerating or breaking. Not all the time, but pretty consistently. It’s driving me nuts. It sounds like it might be coming from the bottom of the seat, and I can only make it happen while the car is moving. Once stoped it rarely can be replicated by wiggling in the seat so I haven’t been able to check and look for it at the same time.

I’ve taken the seat out and pried, pulled, and tugged on it to no avail in finding it or replicating it.

the dealers hear that sold the car tell me they don’t have a tech that can work on it, which puts the nearest dealer over an hour away, with no guarantee they will fix anything.

anybody have any thoughts on what this might be?
Sponsored

ethanc

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Check if the sound you are hearing is the pivot joint where the seatbelt on the left connects to the below the seat. There is some lateral play in the screw/joint, and can cause a slightly jiggly/clicky sound.

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Are you talking about with a seatbelt connects or where the latch connects to the car

ethanc

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Where the seatbelt is attached to the car, lower left side of drivers seat. Give that attachment point a wiggle and you’ll hear some clicking

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ok. Did that seems solid.

RD29

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Is it like a creaking type sound? I have that in my drivers seat. I found it stems from where the plastic meets the leather on the left side (the plastic of where the buttons to adjust the seat position are.) I can take a picture later to show what I mean.

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Anything would be grateful
Sponsored