Codename: "SPOOKY" -- Phantom Grey/Storm Matte Metallic 2021 Prem. 3.0

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Here's my "build" thread/photo dump for my A90, Spooky. I am absolutely loving my GR Supra 3.0 experience thus far. I genuinely cannot think of another car I would bother purchasing as a successor in this point of my life. Plan is to daily beat the vehicle for a couple years. Eventually, I'd like to get myself a GR Corolla or some other fun daily (maybe GR86?) and transition the Supra to weekend/track/fun duty.

Current modifications:
āŠ› Exterior
- TE37 Saga (discont'd non-S-plus) in Mag. blue [System Motorsports/Speedimage USA staggered spec.]
- authentic TRD front lip (satin PPFā€™d & Slip-loā€™d)
- authentic TRD rear spats
- Revel GT front bumper vent CF block-offs
- Revel GT hood vent CF block-offs
- OLM LE CF front bumper vent extensions/trims
- OLM LE CF A-pillar covers
- IND painted front reflectors
- OEM CF mirror covers
- AMS CF anti-wind-buffeting kit
- Rexpeed wide-angle mirrors (w/ "GR" BSM icon)
- Raceseng license plate mount kit
- @Juanito08 passenger-side exhaust hole cover
- Carbnforme CF ducktail spoiler
- A90 Shop driver-side CF exhaust shield

āŠ› Interior
- Handmade steering wheel (OEM-core-based)
- OLM LE CF seat-inserts
- P2M floor mats

āŠ› Performance
- Tomei Type-R single-exit
- HKS drop-in dry air filter w/ Verus Engineering intake resonator delete
- NT555G2 in 275/40/18 Front, 295/40/18 Rear
- H&R lowering springs
- P2M strut bracing

tempImageMf5Wx3.png

1689839203995.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Installed OLM LE carbon fiber pillar covers yesterday. I believe OLM LE is essentially the same company as Revel GT & Axis Parts. This is a good thing.

I have purchased carbon fiber dress up pieces from each of those brands, and the products are always amazing. I also believe they are genuinely made in Japan, which is refreshing to me when it comes to purchasing readily accessible carbon fiber bits.

Big reason for this purchase is I bought this vehicle used with very low miles, and despite that, the glossy black surface of the plastic A pillars had some surface marring that bothered me.

tempImageD32a1g.png

tempImagebixiDv.png

Picture below is after two layers of ceramic coat. I used the heat wave over the weekend to cure them :cool:.

tempImageN9AzJf.png

Below is some parking garage pics. The best thing besides the near-perfect fitment is the weave follows the OEM carbon fiber mirror caps!

tempImageEk6Qij.png

tempImagel916oK.png

Overall, I am very satisfied with my purchase. If you want an OEM+ option to cover those cheap glossy black A pillars, this is the move!

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Installed my Rexpeed V1 TRD style front lip a couple days ago. Very pleased with how it turned out! Ties in well with all the other gloss carbon fiber bits on the front end.

Install time: ~45 minutes
Install difficulty: 1.5/5
Carbon fiber quality: 9/10
Fitment: 9/10

I did NOT have to remove the front bumper in order to remove the mid-section of the OEM ABS lip. (This is something I could not find a concrete answer on while looking up install tips.)

I stuck a plastic trim removal tool under the center of the grill while strongly pulling out & up on the mid-section. I did not break a single clip/claw on any of the three lip sections during removal...

Refer to IND's video for OEM ABS lip removal directions & mid-section "pulling method":

V1 lip mid-section after 2 coats of ceramic:
tempImageLFd5Wh.png

Part of the joy of the install was being able to remove all this debris (pictured) that built up under the OEM lip.
tempImagesuQYCI.png

A couple pictures of the lip on the car... will take better pictures when the car is less dirty:
tempImageo8fEdW.png

tempImagetQKKYS.png

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Installed an aftermarket strut brace yesterday šŸ™‚

Just like with the Phase 2 Motortrend floor mats, I accidentally stumbled upon their A90 strut bracing on eBay.
tempImageNCxzn6.png

tempImage3wSOMn.png

tempImageOpEfy8.png

Shipped from Cali. Well-packaged, very lightweight, heavy duty feeling, etc. The grey paint they used looks very nice, particularly w/ the Phantom exterior. I also appreciate that the badging now matches the badging on my floor mats. (May have to adjust the badge more towards the drive-side if/when I care enough...)

2021+ A90 can reuse the same 4 OEM bolts torqued @ 32 lbfā‹…ft. I will torque em' again after 100 miles or so due to the fresh paint on the strut bar.

tempImagewrnmDF.png
tempImagelnBKen.png
tempImageU0rs26.png

Most importantly, the car actually feels ever-slightly more responsive, something I didn't really expect. It is not night or day, but I can say it would be pretty noticeable on an A90 without any strut bracing (2020 or 2.0).

Overall, pretty stoked! I would highly recommend it to those who are looking for a lightweight, sturdy single-piece 4 point that still allows removal of the engine cover.

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Threw on another budget-friendly mod:
Rexpeed polarized blue mirrors w/ GR symbol

tempImageRHEyVn.png

I was actually concerned, based off pictures online, that the Rexpeed decals on the lenses may not be easily removable. Thankfully, they came off no problem.

tempImageRiM58n.png

tempImageER2V4j.png

Install was a piece of cake, taking a total of 25-30 minutes.

Easiest way to pop out the mirror lenses:
1. Completely tilt the mirror (so that it's facing upwards) using your mirror adjustment controls.
2. Apply painter's tape on plastic edge to prevent scratching.
3. Use a decent sized trim removal tool.

tempImagefo2xkh.png

The taps/clips (2 on each side) for the heating element was a little tough, so I used a pair of pliers to "firmly" remove them. The driver side ones were pretty bent already. Not sure if that's from the previous owner or not...

IMG_7342.jpg

tempImageTToSez.png

To prevent this wire from flapping around, I used painter's tape to position the plug head in the same spot the OEM one is in.

tempImageJrhdXZ.png

The aesthetics are 10/10, with the polarized blue working well the Phantom paint and Mag. blue wheels. The GR symbol looks badass & shines a very bright yellow when triggered.

tempImagePUULG7.png

I'm pretty pleased with the quality! You can see what feels like 30-40% more & the polarization helps limit glare. My only gripe is that the very edges of the mirrors are not as smooth as the OEM ones.

Overall-- highly recommended.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Threw on another budget-friendly mod:
Rexpeed polarized blue mirrors w/ GR symbol

tempImageRHEyVn.png

I was actually concerned, based off pictures online, that the Rexpeed decals on the lenses may not be easily removable. Thankfully, they came off no problem.

tempImageRiM58n.png

tempImageER2V4j.png

Install was a piece of cake, taking a total of 25-30 minutes.

Easiest way to pop out the mirror lenses:
1. Completely tilt the mirror (so that it's facing upwards) using your mirror adjustment controls.
2. Apply painter's tape on plastic edge to prevent scratching.
3. Use a decent sized trim removal tool.

tempImagefo2xkh.png

The taps/clips (2 on each side) for the heating element was a little tough, so I used a pair of pliers to "firmly" remove them. The driver side ones were pretty bent already. Not sure if that's from the previous owner or not...

IMG_7342.jpg

tempImageTToSez.png

To prevent this wire from flapping around, I used painter's tape to position the plug head in the same spot the OEM one is in.

tempImageJrhdXZ.png

The aesthetics are 10/10, with the polarized blue working well the Phantom paint and Mag. blue wheels. The GR symbol looks badass & shines a very bright yellow when triggered.

tempImagePUULG7.png

I'm pretty pleased with the quality! You can see what feels like 30-40% more & the polarization helps limit glare. My only gripe is that the very edges of the mirrors are not as smooth as the OEM ones.

Overall-- highly recommended.
Damn that's pretty cool actually. Didn't realize they sold them with a GR logo

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Damn that's pretty cool actually. Didn't realize they sold them with a GR logo
One of the reasons I got suckered into buying them.

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Small update w/ a couple things...

Took advantage of FTSpeed's overstock sale and bought the OLM LE CF seat-inserts for 50% off. Like all my carbon fiber parts, I put a few layers of ceramic coat on the pieces & let them bake in the sun prior to install.

tempImage7in5JK.png

tempImageqTXnmQ.png

OLM LE/Revel GT, as usual, knocked it out of the park with the quality of the carbon fiber.

tempImageRiIUz9.png

tempImage65wN5u.png

I also went ahead and placed an aluminum gloss + matte GR sticker on the TRD style front lip since I felt like it was lacking in the badging department:

tempImageqn78Km.png

tempImageZarWCz.png

tempImagec4LaI9.png

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Finally switched out the heavy ass OEM catback for a Tomei single-exit. I am not planning on switching out the OEM downpipe any time soon, so the aggressiveness of the Tomei single-exit worked out fantastically for me. Cold-starts, surprisingly, are not that bad. I live in a quiet neighborhood, so this was initially a concern for me.

Final score: 8.5/10

Pros
- a little over $1200 shipped new for a ~17 pound full titanium "branded" catback
- extremely "ruckusy" in Sport mode; all the throatiness, pops, & bangs you can ask for without needing any ECU manipulation
- pretty tame in Normal mode, but still throaty enough to where you don't feel obligated to switch it to Sport just for noise enhancement
- I've always been a fan of the single-exit look; the burned muffler peeping out from the underside is a nice visual plus
- I actually hear the turbo spool now? I've attributed this to significantly better exhaust flow.

Cons
- drones at highway speeds; not horrible, but definitely noticeable
- very thin material-- HAND TIGHTEN!
- Sport mode around town is full douchebag mode (not something I care too much about, but mentionable)

tempImageKJEqYu.png
tempImageRZSxsp.png

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Rexpeed V2 paint-matched canards installed. Unexpectedly, it turns out they are carbon fiber. Paint match is an 8ish/10, which is pretty good considering price & delivery time. Fitment is perfectly flush and even with how I installed them (lots of painterā€™s tape & measuring).

1666031070842.jpeg

1666029983119.jpeg

I was a little concerned about how the paint-matched canards would look at first, but Iā€™m ecstatic with how they turned out. Looks OEM and helps break up all the carbon fiber.

Rexpeed V1 carbon fiber rear spats were also installed recently. Fitment, surprisingly, is very goodā€” Iā€™d say at least a 9/10. I went ahead and used a plastic pop-rivet gun since I did not feel comfortable using just tapping screws.

1666030493689.jpeg

1666030580171.jpeg

1666030608951.jpeg

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Finally replaced the stock steering wheel with a VERY lovely handmade, OEM-core-based wheel (thanks @NitroYellowMKV)!

The OEM steering wheel is honestly not that bad, but it certainly does not fit the fantastic driving experience these cars provide.

With this new wheel, I get:
- suede side grips w/ dimpled-leather top & bottom quadrantsā€¦ perfect for my slippery/clammy hands
- slightly thicker wheel, but not Gatorade-bottle thick like some other options
- leather-wrapped airbag w/ black emblemā€” actually FEELS like Iā€™m driving a car that cost >$50k
- stitching matches the OEM stitching perfectly; almost looks like an OEM optionā€¦
- white leather 12 oā€™clock stripe; classy, but still useful (black & gray defeats the purpose of the indicator to meā€¦)
- carbon fiber fat spoke w/ OEM gloss black trimā€” no stickers or gaudy symbols

1669304298260.jpeg

I actually opted to keep the OEM paddles. They are not my favorite looking, but the textured backing and overall feel is more preferable than the carbon fiber paddles.

1669304343330.jpeg

1669304405241.jpeg

Overall, Iā€™m VERY pleased! Iā€™d say itā€™s basically the perfect wheel for Spooky and I.

(Please contact @NitroYellowMKV for any inquiries. My Facebook messenger blew up after posting the paddles for saleā€¦)
Sponsored