Coding - Eco mode

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91 Edition, 2004 IS 300
Well as promised, I went ahead and coded all my settings back to enable eco mode after having the brake recall done. I'll include all the changes I made to have all the settings enabled and working. I'm sure that there might be settings that are not required.

Body Domain Controller
MenuSetting
Default driving modeECO PRO INDIVIDUAL
FesPiaPortableComforIndividualaktiv
FesPiaDefaultEcoWorldModeEcoProPlus
FesEcoWorldMode2EcoProIndividual
FesEcoWorldMode1EcoProPlus

Headunit
MenuSetting
ECO_MODEaktiv
ECO_PRO_ROUTE_ALPINEaktiv
ECO_ROUTEaktiv
ECO_ROUTE_TEXTaktiv
ECO_TIPPSaktiv
ECO_TIPPS_ONEPADDLEDRIVEaktiv
ECO_TIPS_LAYOUT_NEWaktiv
FES_ECO_BASEaktiv
FES_ECO_PLUSaktiv
FES_ECO_CUSTOMaktiv
ECO_AUX_ON_OFFaktiv
ECO_CONF_ATTENUATIon_COMFPLUSaktiv
ECO_CONF_CID_TIPPSaktiv
ECO_CONF_LIGHT_SIGHTlicht_und_sicht
ECO_CONF_MSAaktiv
ECO_CONF_SAILINGaktiv
ECO_CONF_SEATHEATINGaktiv
ECO_CONF_VZAaktiv
ECO_MODE_CONFaktiv
ERFS_ECO_BEALDUNGerfs_eco
COMFORT_OPENINGaktiv
KEY_CONF_COMFORTaktiv
KEY_CONF_COMFORT_COOLINGaktiv
KEY_CONF_COMFORT_HOMELIGHTaktiv
KEY_CONF_COMFORT_TAILGATEaktiv
ECO_CONF_STEERING_COMFPLUSaktiv

You should end up with the following settings:

The only downside is that if you change your car mode to Normal or Sport (with the sport button) you will not be able to move back to eco. That's why it is setup as the default driving mode. You will need to turn off/on your car so it starts at eco mode again. Finally you should be able to setup split screen so that you get to see your eco tips as displayed here:

20210801_150026-jpg.jpg

Depending on how you are driving you will get to see a couple of tips for better MPG. (Do more coasting, accelerate slower, etc.) I've had a couple of cases where I start driving off and it doesn't detect eco mode for a couple of minutes, but ends up displaying correctly. You'll know that you are not in eco mode because the tips screen tells you that tips are only available on eco mode.
Sponsored

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Awesome write up was trying to do this myself a while ago but could never get all the variables changed.

Thanks!

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
Because most folks didn't buy a sports car to save a few bucks here and there on gas? idk, I was genuinely curious.
I mean, you answered your own question, so why even bother asking if you were genuinely curious. We all know you're smart enough to deduce the answer anyway.

People are quick to encourage others to do whatever makes them happy with the car, but are just as quick to shit on them for doing just that...

OP
OP
rotary heart

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Because most folks didn't buy a sports car to save a few bucks here and there on gas? idk, I was genuinely curious.
In my case I used to daily drive mine so it really helped with commute. When I did mine I got a couple of requests so seems like there are a few that would use it.

Now I just like to have the option available.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Also interested in whatever tf Normal Plus suspension means. Does it become a 7 series and float super soft? Explain!

😂

Edit: PLUS WHAT, BMW?! PLUS WHAAAATTT

OP
OP
rotary heart

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well if that normal plus is like the comfort mode then it will feel more floaty. I haven't tested it yet on the eco settings, but I have used the comfort mode.

Reactions: zrk

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Well this thread is a change of pace..

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Personally I don't see much of a need for an Eco mode. You want to save gas, drive light footed, put 45 psi in your tires, set the cruise control to the speed limit, and turn the radar to max range. If you're doing 65 MPH in 8th gear, and you're turning 1200 RPM or whatever, the mode you're in isn't gonna matter.

It's how you drive, not what you drive that matters.

OP
OP
rotary heart

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Personally I don't see much of a need for an Eco mode. You want to save gas, drive light footed, put 45 psi in your tires, set the cruise control to the speed limit, and turn the radar to max range. If you're doing 65 MPH in 8th gear, and you're turning 1200 RPM or whatever, the mode you're in isn't gonna matter.

It's how you drive, not what you drive that matters.
Without taking into consideration the danger of over inflating your tires. You get more benefits from eco mode than driving like that since you'll most likely not be in the perfect flat constant speed drive.

But hey, that's ok. This is not for everyone, same way that heavy modded cars are not for everyone.
Sponsored