SupraDC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Good morning all,

Not sure if it is normal, but I feel like it can't be correct. When I start the car cold, reverse from the garage and tap the brakes, I'll get a sound that ALMOST signs like the horn honking. It's not a grind, but an almost tonal note as I brake. The dealer told me everything was fine when I brought it in for the recall, but still seems odd to me that its a feature, not a bug. Please advise a n00b on this!

Thanks!
Sponsored

SpamSupra

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra (Absolute White)
pretty sure its just because of the brembos. Mine also make a squeeling noise when braking at slow speeds

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah i get this too and it’s just because of what others have said. Sometimes it’s a creaking into that noise as well at low speeds or reversing into a spot

OP
OP
SupraDC

SupraDC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Thank you all ...this is very informative. I didn't mention the creaking...but yes. I have that too.
Then a TOOOOT when coming to a complete stop. Glad to hear it's normal.... cheers!

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Good morning all,

Not sure if it is normal, but I feel like it can't be correct. When I start the car cold, reverse from the garage and tap the brakes, I'll get a sound that ALMOST signs like the horn honking. It's not a grind, but an almost tonal note as I brake. The dealer told me everything was fine when I brought it in for the recall, but still seems odd to me that its a feature, not a bug. Please advise a n00b on this!

Thanks!
Mine has done this since day 1, car is garage kept and will do this 100% of the time on cold start/drive. Nothing to worry about!

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
Mine do this too. I was in the smokey mountains in TN and it was raining. When I was slowing down it was REALLY loud. That's when the car was new. Even now, a year later and 10k miles in, the brakes still squeak a little every morning. I just do one harder stop to clean off the surface rust in the morning. After I wash the car, they're very loud also.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Someone call me? nom..nom..nom... nom nom

Mine makes the same noise. It's normal. Might be worth a try to swap to those ceramics people are doing for low dust. Kill a couple of birds with one rock.

ARAKNID

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 prem. Supra Ford F-150 Jeep Gr Cherokee
Mine do this. In addition to what sounds like regular brake squeal, there is that sound like a car horn. Actually, I wish my horn was that tone and that loud. I have an appointment at the Toyota dealership to check it this morning. If they say anything different, I'll post it.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Mine do this. In addition to what sounds like regular brake squeal, there is that sound like a car horn. Actually, I wish my horn was that tone and that loud. I have an appointment at the Toyota dealership to check it this morning. If they say anything different, I'll post it.
I hope you aren’t going to the dealer just for this noise. There is nothing wrong with the brakes when they are cold/wet and sound like a horn. It’s just a characteristic of these Brembos.

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
The beautiful sound of performance totally normal. It reminds me I drive a fast car lmao.

OP
OP
SupraDC

SupraDC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
LOL..... no ...didn't go to the dealer.
Funny story, I washed the car this weekend and drove the car. Going through the neighborhood,
I came to stop sign. TOOOOOOOOT. Dude walking his dog shot me a look after he finished cleaning out his drawers.

Dog said "Nice BMW!"