Color your own seat thread

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Hey guys easy diy. I colors the stitches on my seats. Looks so much better but it will take you some time to color each thread. I think this is how it should have come. Just use a fabric marker you can get for any hobby store. Personally I love the way it looks. I did ever thread in the car to include the dash. Still have the steering shell to go.

added additional photos.
D230D488-6196-4AFA-8BFF-16B0223E6A1D.jpeg

981825D9-AF9C-43BB-A4E6-83D6D7DE44A4.jpeg

0E4E3835-0F13-4D12-A526-EAA6D06FE0E6.jpeg

421520EF-C4E8-4640-97A2-E5FBBA1DA907.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
this looks awesome wow... I got a quote from an upholstery shop to do this, and they wanted 2500 to re do the white stitch in yellow, how did you make sure to not get any on the leather? or does it just wipe off the leather seats, and stays on the fabric stitching, please post more photos on how this wears, and just more angles to see. Which brand pen did you go with and how long did it take approx?

OP
OP

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
this looks awesome wow... I got a quote from an upholstery shop to do this, and they wanted 2500 to re do the white stitch in yellow, how did you make sure to not get any on the leather? or does it just wipe off the leather seats, and stays on the fabric stitching, please post more photos on how this wears, and just more angles to see. Which brand pen did you go with and how long did it take approx?
Iā€™ll get some posted as soon as possible. Cars in the shop getting a wing and some vents cut into the hood. I actually used one of those tire markers that you color tires letters in. The only reason I used that was to match the red color of the car. Iā€™ve used fabric markers from joeanns or hobby lobby on other cars though. As long as you whip it off quickly it comes right off the leather. It will eventually wear down but it will take several months to do that. Just gotta touch it up if it does. It takes a long time Iā€™d say probably 6 hours of doing it if I had to guess. Take your time and hold the marker tip on the thread and it will absorb the color.

OP
OP

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
wow, looks great!! how did you do that with a marker???!!!!
Easy but time consuming. Just hold the tip of the marker on the thread and it will absorb the color. I used a tire marker on mine this time to match the right color of red. Got it from auto zone.

OP
OP

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I did mine too ...used a red sharpie...less than a dollar!
I couldnā€™t get the sharpie to look right. The tire paint pen was so much brighter and matched perfectly. Iā€™d love to see pics with the sharpie? It just looked faded and off when I tried.

Luckymike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 Z06, 17 VW Beetle Dune, 11 MV Agusta Brutale 1090 RR, 15 RDX
It's in for a new battery and oil change...your correct about the color...not the brightest for sure...would have liked a brighter red for sure!

OP
OP

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
It's in for a new battery and oil change...your correct about the color...not the brightest for sure...would have liked a brighter red for sure!
Go to auto zone and get the red tire marker. Itā€™s a perfect match man and it will last longer. I tested probably 20-30 different markers until I found that one.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
This looks incredible! Too bad there was no thought from Toyota to spend a nickel more and do this OEM.

Not crazy about the wear though. How does it hold up to cleaners one might use on the seat?

OP
OP

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
This looks incredible! Too bad there was no thought from Toyota to spend a nickel more and do this OEM.

Not crazy about the wear though. How does it hold up to cleaners one might use on the seat?
Great man. The stuff I used is made for tire coloring in. So shit is for real. Itā€™s been 6 months without signs of wear yet. Agreed. Toyota could have done this so easily. It really set the interior off. Iā€™ll get more pic posted as soon as I get it back.

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
Does it wear off any of your clothes when you sit in it?

OP
OP

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Does it wear off any of your clothes when you sit in it?
Lol No man not at all. Itā€™s very permanent. Itā€™s barely worn off at all in 6 months and only where you get in and out over a long period of time. I havenā€™t had to touch it up yet. I did several coats in high worn areas.

Luckymike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 Z06, 17 VW Beetle Dune, 11 MV Agusta Brutale 1090 RR, 15 RDX
No autozone in Canada so I ordered a pack of 5 TOYQI paint pens ...color is awesome!!!
Sponsored