Let's talk about Colors

Which color of the A90 Supra are you ordering?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blupra

First Name
Blu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2 and Honda S2000 - both 6MT
So structural blue is vastly better than ultrasonic blue 2.0???

Daigor

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
98 Toyota Supra
Man the GT-R and Mustang makes the Supra look tiny. I have seen only one Supra with that green color. It looks clean, but I don't know if it will look good on the new one.
Personally I think the Imperial Jade Mica is much nicer than the Jewel Green. It has a darker shade that during the sunset makes the car look almost black.

Hee.JPG

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
White.. itā€™s always been white..

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
well, the mules were white underneath, same for GRMN, and the Goodwood car is white underneath as well.

so yeah, why not.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
A70... do you have any idea what the 'hero' colour may be of the A90? I'm assuming red like the FT1?
I was told explicitly that the hero color was the FT1 red. The prototype being shown in focus groups is also red. Not sure what kind of red it is, but we'll see.

LEG1T

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
On the subject of color...

Are we getting a decent color selections aside from the run of the mill black, white, silvers, ?

Fun colors would be refreshing..

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Another question re: colours... maybe A70/Guff/lemetier could shed some insight?

Do we think that the A90 and Z4 will share colour options?

Given they're made in Austria - not Japan or Germany - and that other that bare skeleton, the body (well, everything that will be painted) will be almost completely different, it seems like different colours for Supra and Z4 would be possible.

It's not like the 86/BRZ - where only the bumpers, lights and bolt-ons were different - the entire body panels are unique to each car.

This would mean dedicated set-ups, jigs, tooling etc for each car. So change of colours wouldn't be a massive undertaking, following this logic.

TL:DR : The Z4 and A90 body are unique and enough to warrant different colour options in manufacturing process - any insight on this theory?

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Another question re: colours... maybe A70/Guff/lemetier could shed some insight?

Do we think that the A90 and Z4 will share colour options?

Given they're made in Austria - not Japan or Germany - and that other that bare skeleton, the body (well, everything that will be painted) will be almost completely different, it seems like different colours for Supra and Z4 would be possible.

It's not like the 86/BRZ - where only the bumpers, lights and bolt-ons were different - the entire body panels are unique to each car.

This would mean dedicated set-ups, jigs, tooling etc for each car. So change of colours wouldn't be a massive undertaking, following this logic.

TL:DR : The Z4 and A90 body are unique and enough to warrant different colour options in manufacturing process - any insight on this theory?
I was actually discussing this with a good friend the other day. The general consensus was there would be some overlapping colors. Silver, white, black gray, etc. But the Supra "hero" color is supposed to be a metallic red that should be bespoke to the Supra, and the Z4 might be blue or orange. Maybe BMW will have their Yas Marina Blue/Estoril Blue and maybe Atacama Yellow and Toyota will bring some sort of Anthracite or perhaps Blue Crush Metallic for an RSP replacement.

Of course, this wasn't official stuff so don't quote me on it. But either way, your logic is absolutely correct in that these cars will be on different lines due to the difference in body shape & size.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.