Let's talk about Colors

Which color of the A90 Supra are you ordering?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
It's not like the 86/BRZ - where only the bumpers, lights and bolt-ons were different - the entire body panels are unique to each car.
well despite being the same car, Toyota & Subaru have still invested in many, many special edition colors unique to only one or the other so think that guarantees the same thing with the Supra..
Sponsored

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Thanks guff, makes sense. No point reinventing the wheel for metallic black and white etc. But different colours is, in my opinion, a really important differentiator.

HKz - yes, I'm aware of the special colours - I guess my point could have been made better. In the paint booth, the car still could be a BRZ or 86 - just add body tags.

That won't be the case with the Z4/A90.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guff, makes sense. No point reinventing the wheel for metallic black and white etc. But different colours is, in my opinion, a really important differentiator.

HKz - yes, I'm aware of the special colours - I guess my point could have been made better. In the paint booth, the car still could be a BRZ or 86 - just add body tags.

That won't be the case with the Z4/A90.
What is your opinion of this color?

SupraMKVsupra93 REAR Atacama Yellow.png

SupraStew85

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1985 Supra (1jz vvti swap incoming) 2004 V8 4Runner
Ok... here is a question I have been dying to ask. My 85 supra is painted my personal favourite shade of red: Toyota SDR aka super deep red.
In my neck of the woods at certain dealerships if a person were to want a specific colour on their new vehicle that isn't offered right from the factory they can special order it in a certain shade for an additional fee. Do you think there would be any way Toyota would be willing/able to do such a thing ? I would love to buy an A90 in the same colour as my A60.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Ok... here is a question I have been dying to ask. My 85 supra is painted my personal favourite shade of red: Toyota SDR aka super deep red.
In my neck of the woods at certain dealerships if a person were to want a specific colour on their new vehicle that isn't offered right from the factory they can special order it in a certain shade for an additional fee. Do you think there would be any way Toyota would be willing/able to do such a thing ? I would love to buy an A90 in the same colour as my A60.
Well bmw offers the individual package where you can basically pick from 100s of colors so I’d hope since they’re being built in the same factory Toyota could offer something similar

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
SDR is a stunning colour. I wish I hadn't changed mine back in the day when younger and stupider.

What is your opinion of this color?

View attachment 8055
I reckon it could look really cool - especially given all the complex lines and creases on the A90 mules will (imho) end up creating a car with similar visuals to the Toyota CH-R.

articleLeadwide-the-2017-toyota-c-hr-debuts-a-new-styling-directiogrfxqx.jpg

Yellow + carbon/black can look really, really good - if the body lines are wild and complex enough (Huracan, Renault RS265 etc).

I think the A90 will have enough complexity to it's shape to look good in yellow.

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

SupraStew85

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well bmw offers the individual package where you can basically pick from 100s of colors so I’d hope since they’re being built in the same factory Toyota could offer something similar
This would be perfect. fingers crossed

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Problem is, that ain't cheap, and Toyota have said they want it to be 'affordable'.

More and more manufacturers are moving away from individual options and to "options packages" (exclusive vehicles excepted)

SupraStew85

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I would do just about anything to have my car come from the factory in SDR. Id drive to every dealership in the country if I had to lol.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
2016-Toyota-C-HR-Hybrid-9-e1479107954841-630x355.jpg

Overlay this curvy/creased bodywork on the A90 camo car, a touch of RSP, black/carbon everywhere, I'll take my A90 like that please. Don't skip on the GTX4088R and 295 width tyres all round.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
That colour reminds me of a guy that eats corndogs while driving his c5 corvette in overalls ...;)
. I reckon it could look really cool - especially given all the complex lines and creases on the A90 mules will (imho) end up creating a car with similar visuals to the Toyota CH-R.

articleLeadwide-the-2017-toyota-c-hr-debuts-a-new-styling-directiogrfxqx.jpg

Yellow + carbon/black can look really, really good - if the body lines are wild and complex enough (Huracan, Renault RS265 etc).

I think the A90 will have enough complexity to it's shape to look good in yellow.
Got it! Was just wondering! :thumbsup:

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
^^Could be part of the taillight.

Instagram photos are so low in resolution they're a joke. What is this, 1995?

Status
Not open for further replies.