Colts noctural black build

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
So I picked up my nocturnal black A90 3.0 base model from New Albany Indiana and driver her home to Bowling Green Kentucky last weekend. Very uneventful 2 hour drive just enjoyed the supra and the 2 thumbs ups from various drivers, the kids freaking out at McDonald's and the guy yelling nice supra at the gas station lol.
The next day of course I threw a random check engine light and my scanner wouldn't read bmw codes so I had to order a veepeak and bimmerlink in order to code read and of course had 2 ghost codes and a VANOS exhaust side code. Cleared them, since I was experiencing no rough idles or misfires and everything was perfect try fine, no CEL for a day or so then it randomly came back.
When I left work the same day it was gone. ?. I wrote to John at CES and he was INCREDIBLY helpful. Gave me pointers on what to check since the owner before me threw a couple mods on the car and clearly I can tell used to have a piggyback on the car.
Of course right after I talk to John the car begins running ? and has not thrown a code since. I fiddled with the Tmap sensor and just checked the general connections and seems good so far.
The car currently has nearly 30k miles which were put on by the previous owner (im guessing traveling sales person of some kind, medical or insurance) and has H&R lowering springs, carbon mirror caps and ducktail and a CTS catless downpipe.
The odd thing is the downpipe is not throwing a CEL.
I ordered the MHD flash adapter so that I can check my ecu to see if its still locked abd eventually I will more then likely go with an mhd tune.
Today I got out of work with enough time to give her a wash since she was dirty from Nashville cars and coffee and dam she cleans up good. Anyone who says these cars are ugly clearly hasn't ever seen one regardless of looks being subjective.
I also finally had a chance yesterday to do some test hits with my buddy and his draggy, no launch control and first time trying to launch the car along with traction control on the first time. Clearly have a lot to work on given my 60ft and 0-60 and 1/8th mile times. Based on some online calculators thats a mid 13ssc 1/4 which is garbage.
Will be going to beech bend here one of these test and tune nights to get some practice since these draggy runs were done on some back roads in Mexico.
Anyway here's a couple photos from post wash times this evening.
Yes that is my 100lb German shepherd riding shotgun after daycare lol

20210907_191511.jpg

20210907_191345.jpg

20210907_191235.jpg

20210907_191228.jpg

20210907_082434.jpg

IMG_8604.jpg

Screensho.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
? Been too afraid to take my GSD in the Supra. I’d be cleaning dog hair out of that thing forever.
Hahahaha I've been brushing her a ton lately and I just put a towel down to hopefully keep it out of the suede. I need to buy one of the front seat covers

OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
So this happened hehe got MHD ordered and it turns out my ecu was already unlocked (I have a 2019 ecu date so not sure if early Supra’s had them unlocked or if the previous owner had it unlocked then) I flashed a stock map and then today I flashed a stage 2 with 93 and the castles down pipe and holy shit this thing pulls hard. It’s ridiculous to me that I had to do full bolt ons and an fp black on my evo8 to make 460whp and this car makes close to that with a dp and tune on 93.
I also ordered the goldenwrench aluminum gas cap cover and the oil cap just for a little improved decoration and durability.

Attachments

OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Oooh my Golden Wrench stuff arrived 2 days early. I’ve been working Moparty all weekend here in Bowling Green and I came home and found the billet gas cap and oil cap had been delivered.

Attachments

OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
So got my spacers installed 13mm front and 15mm rear, Berger motorsports. Here’s some before and after

Attachments

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Sweet build, man. What did get the Supra for price wise? I’m thinking of looking for one with some mileage and turn it into a pure track car.

OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Sweet build, man. What did get the Supra for price wise? I’m thinking of looking for one with some mileage and turn it into a pure track car.
Sadly probably too much but considering the market right now. I got it for 49.7k before tt&l

OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
So today I finally got the car on the lift at work and got the exhaust scanned. I’m a design engineer by trade and I’m working with a sister company to make some parts for the MKV that will be released soonish. Today is the first chance I’ve had to scan the exhaust, my time has been taken up making parts for the 21’ Bronco.
figured some of the engineering and regular nerds on here would enjoy this. Everything is scanned using a creaform scanner and then put into geomagic wrap. Then I do post processing to fix anything the scanner missed and fill in holes etc and then I can convert those to solid works files to begin designing new parts.

Attachments

OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Just got back from a 1300 mile road trip up to traverse city MI from Kentucky in the Supra and it was a breeze! I averaged about 30ish mpg the whole trip and when I came back I had some goodies waiting!
thicwhips parted his Supra and I snagged a few of the parts from him that I wanted including the ftp charge pipe, the panda nocturnal badges and the aluminum shift paddles.
It was amazing getting to do some twisty roads in the Michigan hills with the trees changing colors

Attachments

OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I have a ton of shit to install and not enough time lol I got the goldenwrench paddles installed though. I haven’t even taken the car for a drive yet but the look and feel is a different level then the factory ones.

Attachments

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
So this happened hehe got MHD ordered and it turns out my ecu was already unlocked (I have a 2019 ecu date so not sure if early Supra’s had them unlocked or if the previous owner had it unlocked then) I flashed a stock map and then today I flashed a stage 2 with 93 and the castles down pipe and holy shit this thing pulls hard. It’s ridiculous to me that I had to do full bolt ons and an fp black on my evo8 to make 460whp and this car makes close to that with a dp and tune on 93.
I also ordered the goldenwrench aluminum gas cap cover and the oil cap just for a little improved decoration and durability.
Also tuned through MHD and CES. John was great to work with. First I ran the stage2 93 octane for about 3 to 4 months and now I'm on a custom E40 blend tune and it's nutty. The 93 was fun, but the E40 is stupid quick in comparison.

OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Also tuned through MHD and CES. John was great to work with. First I ran the stage2 93 octane for about 3 to 4 months and now I'm on a custom E40 blend tune and it's nutty. The 93 was fun, but the E40 is stupid quick in comparison.
Oh I definitely can see that! I’ve seen some videos of The thing is they have run against and on the ethanol they’re insane

OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Got a chance to do a test and tune at beech bend today. Started with a 13.1 pass which was garbage and improved on my next 3 runs every time.
ended the night with a 12.4 quarter mile at 113mph. 1.9’on the factory tires with 32k miles on them.
the car is essentially stock. I have a downpipe but the tune is 100% factory and locked ecu so it’s not helping at all and some lowering springs.

Attachments