Analysis, Comments & Reactions from the Web about the new Supra

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Cool story but a bit rhetorical that your quote

We should be looking is the direction that the new Supra could go. Paddy put it more eloquently than I could earlier this week: “I think a lot of people are making the (forgivable) mistake of comparing the stock A90 to the idea of their perfect modified A80.”

and pics in his article are modified A90’s, ugly stanced ones to be exact. Lol
Sponsored

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Cool story but a bit rhetorical that your quote

We should be looking is the direction that the new Supra could go. Paddy put it more eloquently than I could earlier this week: “I think a lot of people are making the (forgivable) mistake of comparing the stock A90 to the idea of their perfect modified A80.”

and pics in his article are modified A90’s, ugly stanced ones to be exact. Lol
But isn’t that what the car scene is all about now? Haha

AsupramkvC

First Name
Gerich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I wonder if...will the A90 Supra be the last Supra from Toyota? Every Supra comes with an inline-6 engine. If Toyota decides to go hybrid, they could still utilize an inline-6 hybrid. But what about when they decide to go all electric? How would the tradition of having an inline-6 follow suit? :hmm:

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if...will the A90 Supra be the last Supra from Toyota? Every Supra comes with an inline-6 engine. If Toyota decides to go hybrid, they could still utilize an inline-6 hybrid. But what about when they decide to go all electric? How would the tradition of having an inline-6 follow suit? :hmm:
Guess it won't be a Supra then. Maybe it will be called a Celica and everybody will hate on it because it's not like the old one because it doesn't use gas lol.

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
brake duct.jpg
^^^
Again with f'ing vents. If you're going to complain about fake vents, at least get it right. The little teardrop vents below the headlights could be modified for brake ducts, i guess, but why would you? Considering it already has functional brake ducts.

twntrbo03'

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 Supra Turbo Quicksilver ---1993 Supra Turbo Anthracite --- 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4

I'm not opposed to Toyota dropping a different motor in the car and calling it a Supra. I welcome the hybrid tech to add additional performance to the car. I think most people wouldn't have an issue with that, even die-hard Supra fans. Look at it as a progression of the car

On another note... I drive my Supra's to work every know and then and have doctors i work with, who are non-car guys, ask me about the new MKV coming out. So it's definitely creating a lot of buzz regardless of what you think about it. One doc asked me why would the Supra and Z4 even be on the same playing field? He was always under the impression the Supra was superior to the Z4... I had no response lol

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I guess I was one of the only ones who said "fuck yeah" when I heard the supra was going to have a bmw based six (I admit more customised, but let's see)

I've played with a lot of bmw and Benz's over the years - and the odd Porsche - and they're an absolute delight to work on. Plus a good mates father has a 1986 euro BMW M635CSi... Holy molybdenum <3

drew_kar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Turbo BRZ, S14
I guess I was one of the only ones who said "fuck yeah" when I heard the supra was going to have a bmw based six (I admit more customised, but let's see)

You aren't the only one... I love BMW's I6. Although I hated working on my mothers N series X5 (electric water pump's service window is the size of my fist, really?), they have oodles of torque and the noise is intoxicating. I was excited when the FT86 project had a subaru engine with toyota goodies. Idk, I thought I was the only one. I am excited to own one of these Supras to go alongside my turbocharged BRZ. The Supra was definitely an inspiration for my BRZ build :)

IMG_3152.jpg

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
We had to do an alternator on a 2004 745I.

It was easier to pull thr whole engine and trans. Bur the vehicle was designed to do that, so seriously, half a day later and the engine was out. Fantastic.

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
You know the old expression, you may make enough money to buy a Ferrari, but you don't make enough to own one... well it's like that with BMW's to a lesser degree. The typical BMW starts off as a lease. Guy drives it around, takes it to the dealer when it needs service, and tosses the keys back when his lease is up. Then the next dude strolls in. This guy can barely afford the already heavily depreciated car, and he sure as hell can't afford to maintain it. So he doesn't. He rolls around, letting the maintenance pile up until he hawks it off onto it's third (and most likely final) owner on Craigslist.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I 100% agree. I believe the reliability issues stem from not being maintained to spec, not the design or manufacturing.
Well, I have some friends with older BMW's and they aren't the most reliable things in the world, but they take good care of them and never get stranded.
Sponsored