Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
I don't even know what to say about this one. ‍♂

Screenshot_20190120-154141.png

Screenshot_20190120-154153.png
TL;DR version:
  • I don't understand the cost of new engine engineering and manufacturing
  • I was too young when the MKIV came out, and too broke to buy one now.
  • DON"T CALL IT A SUPRA!!!
  • Random gasping sobs, and snot sniffling

twntrbo03'

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 Supra Turbo Quicksilver ---1993 Supra Turbo Anthracite --- 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4
TL;DR version:
  • I was too young when the MKIV came out, and too broke to buy one now.
Honestly it's pretty difficult to attain one of these cars today anyways. Most banks wont finance these cars because of their age and most people don't have $45k+ cash to drop on a car LOL. Regardless, I understand this guys frustration

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think they would let a 23 year old like me test drive one, even if I roll up in my BRZ with a good credit score :( I feel like dealerships will discount me due to my age. Oh well, better start bugging the guys at cars and coffee who will eventually have them.
I'm 24, I test drive shit all the time.

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
Mileage varies. When I was younger, I pretty much had to leave a family member as a hostage to get a test drive.

Novice_Mentality

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Subaru WRX STI, 1997 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale
Same here! During college, my buddy and I would put on a button up and go test drive cars on the weekends for fun haha.

twntrbo03'

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 Supra Turbo Quicksilver ---1993 Supra Turbo Anthracite --- 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4
As long as you dont
I don't think they would let a 23 year old like me test drive one, even if I roll up in my BRZ with a good credit score :( I feel like dealerships will discount me due to my age. Oh well, better start bugging the guys at cars and coffee who will eventually have them.
As long as you don't carry yourself like a douche and look respectable there isn't a reason someone wouldn't allow you to test drive a car. I used to test drive cars all the time when I was younger as well. It's not like you are asking to take a $200k car out for a spin... that is a different story.

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
In any event, it probably won't come down to age when it comes to scoring a test drive in an A90. Once the big metro dealers have 4-5 on the lot at any given time... sure. However the small fry shops that only have 1, and it's centerpiece of the showroom.... chances are low.

drew_kar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Turbo BRZ, S14
Haha this reminds me if two stories I found funny, I spoke to two owners who bought their MK3s brand new. One worked in a restaurant at the time iirc. I believe it was a pizza joint and he was 21 yrs old at the time, anyways he wanted a new car and went to the Chevy dealer to look at the new 1990 Corvette. The salesmen in the dealership laughed when he inquired about one and a test drive. Angry, he walked across the street to the Toyota dealer, and asked about the Supra. He said they treated him like royalty. After purchasing the car (white 90 turbo) which ended up being 34K out the door, he drove across to the Chevy dealer to show the salesman his new purchase. Similar story with the second who was in his early 20s, I think he was 19 or 20 actually. He went to check out the 91 Dodge Stealth RT and the salesmen there told him to get lost. He too went to the Toyota dealer where he purchased a red turbo and was treated like royalty (how they described it). Also went back to show off his new purchase.

So hey theres hope you never know. Try stopping by the Chevy dealer and inquire about test driving a Z06 before going to the Toyota dealer perhaps thats the secret haha ;)
Haha I love this story. My friend and I ran into this same situation, albeit with an Audi dealership. They wouldn't let my friend test drive a RS5 even though he went with the intent to buy, so he went home, picked up his father's 911 Turbo, and drove straight back to the dealership. The look on their faces was priceless when we rolled up.
I am beyond excited to see this car in person. I wanted an A80 Supra first, however, I feel as if this new Supra will fit my needs better. I cringe at spending 40K cash for a 90's vehicle so I bought a mint one owner bone stock S14 to get my 90's fix. Definitely not on the same league as an A80, but oh how I love this silly car!

IMG_20181215_124520.jpg

Last edited:

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Oh btw, I've gotten 3000+ new comments on my old Supra video from 2017. The vast majority of them are expletive ridden rants in some primal form of English talking about how Toyota just changed the badges on a Z4 and disrespected the Supra name. Lot of threats against Tada San and Akio San too.

The thing you don't see though is the fact that the video has gotten 200,000+ views in the same time and thousands of likes.

The 12 year olds who think they need to express their unoriginal opinions are the only ones who you end up seeing across the comments section and bulletin boards. Everyone else says "cool" and moves on. In the end the only real opinions that matter are the actual potential buyers who have the money to throw Toyota's way. And while some people might think that Toyota doesn't know what buyers want, there are entire marketing firms with million dollar contracts that would be more than happy to show you terabytes of data that says otherwise. That's just how it goes.
Sponsored