Comparison Drive! 2023 Nissan Z Performance vs. 2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium Review

Rocksandblues

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, f250
$60 k for a parts bin MISMO Z ......
Can you imagine the shenanigans if Toyota commits to the GRMN Zupra with an S55 and a DCT
For $65k
With a carbon driveshaft and roof
For $65k to $70k
One can dream
S58

pandaman

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKIV Supra
Well, my first encounter was with this one today, and it surprised me quite a bit. In person, it is a much more attractive car and has a good elegant balance to it. The metallic paint was very well done, and it seemed quite larger than the A90 even though not by much. The owner was really cool, and we traded stories of our past Z’s (basically all gens), him still owning the 350 and me still having the visor Mr. K signed at Blackhawk during it’s unveiling. His is one of the only two here, and 1 of 240 or so Prototype spec. I can only hope more owners will be like this guy.

F7631DE0-E937-4B2F-B6BD-0CF1F97FA22B.jpeg
I know beauty is subjective, but that is one beautiful Z. I'm a fan.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'09 BMW E92 335i 6MT
I think we will see a Nismo version. It's just not going to be the redemption that the Z faithful are praying for.

My guess, slightly better exhaust, 1 to 2 more psi for a modest bump to 430 maybe 450. Different wheels, slightly wider. Slightly more aggressive aero, and stiffer springs. Can't forget about 20 Nismo badges, some red stitching, and a steering wheel stripe. Maybe throw in some optional recaros. Won't really cost them all that much to produce but they will charge a lot more for it thinking 60k.
This is what I'm thinking too. Still interested to see what they do with it but can't imagine it being worth the price of admission. I won't completely write it off until it actually exists but I'm leaning towards a G87 now.