Nissan Z vs Toyota Supra

Which one gets your vote?

• Total voters

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
With all these reviews coming out now, I can only image Nissan is scrambling to ensure that the Nismo will be track worthy.
Ok why. With the limited funding they tossed at the Z base in all its forms, what magic crypto fund will they use to hot-up the "Nismo". Thats assuming it gets built and sold given the current world status. There is pent up demand for useful vehicles but sportscars as a whole are done in the mainstream. I could see a converse view not building it at all and Nissan maximizing profit with the useful platforms the masses are buying.

Would I like to see this machine - sure. Will I be surprised if I dont = Not at all.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
The car and driver review just out is kind of brutal.
Its an honest review given the data gathered and the performance of the car in daylight for all to see. Its just not that good, given the age of the 370Z. The marginal gains are a joke in total. Its just 'NEW" and thats about it.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
lets be honest here there alot of hate on both ends
This end appears to be a touch more objective. The overt emotional insults from the other side show a TON Of insecurity. Thats the difference. On the street the Supra speaks loud and clear and the OBJECTIVE data supports it. One cannot argue with blind ignorance no matter how correct the data or situation = "some men, you just cant reach."

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
Ok why. With the limited funding they tossed at the Z base in all its forms, what magic crypto fund will they use to hot-up the "Nismo". Thats assuming it gets built and sold given the current world status. There is pent up demand for useful vehicles but sportscars as a whole are done in the mainstream. I could see a converse view not building it at all and Nissan maximizing profit with the useful platforms the masses are buying.

Would I like to see this machine - sure. Will I be surprised if I dont = Not at all.
I think we will see a Nismo version. It's just not going to be the redemption that the Z faithful are praying for.

My guess, slightly better exhaust, 1 to 2 more psi for a modest bump to 430 maybe 450. Different wheels, slightly wider. Slightly more aggressive aero, and stiffer springs. Can't forget about 20 Nismo badges, some red stitching, and a steering wheel stripe. Maybe throw in some optional recaros. Won't really cost them all that much to produce but they will charge a lot more for it thinking 60k.

It'll get reviewed as what the Z should have initially been. Then Toyota comes out with a mild update and still destroys the Nismo. The true believers move onto hoping the next model will be the answer. My friends uncle's neighbors college roommate knows someone at Nissan and they said 'The Nismo RS is going to have the motor and brakes from a Nismo GTR, huge wing, fully adjustable race suspension, Pilot Sports, weigh 3200 lbs and make 600hp.'

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
$60 k for a parts bin MISMO Z ......
Can you imagine the shenanigans if Toyota commits to the GRMN Zupra with an S55 and a DCT
For $65k
With a carbon driveshaft and roof
For $65k to $70k
One can dream

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Can you imagine the shenanigans if Toyota commits to the GRMN Zupra with an S55 and a DCT
For $65k
For $65k to $70k
One can dream
S58

pandaman

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKIV Supra
Well, my first encounter was with this one today, and it surprised me quite a bit. In person, it is a much more attractive car and has a good elegant balance to it. The metallic paint was very well done, and it seemed quite larger than the A90 even though not by much. The owner was really cool, and we traded stories of our past Z’s (basically all gens), him still owning the 350 and me still having the visor Mr. K signed at Blackhawk during it’s unveiling. His is one of the only two here, and 1 of 240 or so Prototype spec. I can only hope more owners will be like this guy.

F7631DE0-E937-4B2F-B6BD-0CF1F97FA22B.jpeg
I know beauty is subjective, but that is one beautiful Z. I'm a fan.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'09 335i, '23 Kona N
I think we will see a Nismo version. It's just not going to be the redemption that the Z faithful are praying for.

My guess, slightly better exhaust, 1 to 2 more psi for a modest bump to 430 maybe 450. Different wheels, slightly wider. Slightly more aggressive aero, and stiffer springs. Can't forget about 20 Nismo badges, some red stitching, and a steering wheel stripe. Maybe throw in some optional recaros. Won't really cost them all that much to produce but they will charge a lot more for it thinking 60k.
This is what I'm thinking too. Still interested to see what they do with it but can't imagine it being worth the price of admission. I won't completely write it off until it actually exists but I'm leaning towards a G87 now.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
For $65k
For $65k to $70k
One can dream
Stop it. I can't start over...