Compatible roof racks?

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
They seems to have great reviews. Once its still under vacuum, it seems very strong. I wouldn't be afraid to use it.

Rotto

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supercharged 5.0 F-150, 1967 VW Westfalia
Any feed back on a Sea Sucker rack. Iā€™m curious where to mount it with the roof line as it is. Iā€™m looking to throw a surf board and snow board up there. I brought my snowboard to the dealership today, wanted to see if it fits in the back. I was able to lay it across the shelf, but it goes pretty far forward. Not undoable, but also not ideal.

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
I was able to lay it across the shelf, but it goes pretty far forward. Not undoable, but also not ideal.
Was wondering if I was the only one thinking about doing this. lol.....Even though in my case it's skis.

I'm unable to personally test this myself as it's very rare to find Supras at dealerships here in Canada. Fortunately for me, I'm a short person and my skis are only 161cm long.
Judging by tons of videos and trunk measurements, I'm expecting the ski bag to go over the arm rest and close to the center console, but I figured if I can somehow secure it so it doesn't go forward under breaking, it wouldn't be a big deal, especially since no stick shifting is needed in this car so I went ahead and gave the deposit already.

I do see a snowboard taking up a bit more space though since it's wider.

Rotto

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I went to the dealer yesterday to test fit my snow board. It does fit in the back, and comes up to the halfway point on the arm rest. If you donā€™t mind sharing space with your skis, they will fit. Iā€™ve been looking at the Sea Sucker racks for the roof. I canā€™t find any pictures or proof of anyone doing it yet. Iā€™m concerned that the suction cups might not work with the bubbled roof. they recommend you remove the rack once you get to the Mt, so no one steals it. Then they say you need to warm up the suction cups to 68 degrees before you put it back on. Seems like a pain after riding all day. I really like the car though, I think Iā€™m going to force it to work, lol.

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
Then they say you need to warm up the suction cups to 68 degrees before you put it back on. Seems like a pain after riding all day. I really like the car though, I think Iā€™m going to force it to work, lol.
Yeah, I definitely don't see myself doing the warming thing and I'm not 100% confident about suction cups either, though they're probably safe.
Even if not totally ideal, the fact that you can even fit skis/snowboard inside this 2 seater is one of the things that won me over. I can't think of any other in which you can.

OP
OP

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
i got the stagracks due to the interchangeable mounts. Havent gotten them yet. I'll update this after a quick trial run with a foam surfboard around the block once they arrive. The concern with these mounts is if it fails youre gonna have a metal rack flying off the car and possibly hitting someone else's or your car.
Even if not totally ideal, the fact that you can even fit skis/snowboard inside this 2 seater is one of the things that won me over. I can't think of any other in which you can.
Yeah its kinda wild how much space we actually have in that small trunk. I was able to put 2 golf bags + a passenger and although not ideal it def works. For anyone that attempts this I suggest putting a hood over both golf bags so you dont have to worry about them flying into the infotainment and/or windshield

Rotto

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Seasucker surfboard rack fits! Drove 10 miles and the wind is gusting 30 mph. Iā€™ve had it on 2 hours now and the vacuum cups are still snug. This is a big board too, 10ā€˜ long 29ā€ wide, and no problems. The straps that come with the kit were a little loose when I got to the beach, I might replace them with ratcheting straps, but so far so good!

Attachments

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Any updates? Surely there is a reasonable amount of people using roof racks by now.
Ideally, I would like to throw a set of wheels up there. I think that's a bit ambitious.
At least throwing some race day stuff up there would be good. Helmets, gear, and other small stuff to make more room inside for overnight bags, etc.
Sponsored