CONTINENTAL EXTREME CONTACT DWS 06 plus

roadtripper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I just bought CONTINENTAL EXTREME CONTACT DWS 06 plus for my 3.0 premium. I have not installed them yet. I have 9K on my stock michelins and the rears are about done. Has anyone put any mileage on these yet? How do they compare to stock? I'm hoping getting at least 20K on these tires. I don't track the car but do drive spirited. They look like quality tires and hope they handle well. Any first hand info out there?
Sponsored

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
Iā€™ve had my eye on those for when the time to replace my factory tires arrives. Iā€™ll be interested to hear how you like them once you get them installed.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I think the point is that they are all seasons. At least thatā€™s why I was considering a set in the future.
OP mentioned driving spirited and handling well. Either way you slice it, all-seasons are a downgrade in those departments. The stock tires are easily put on the limit of grip, all-seasons will just be a joke. Letting go at every opportunity. Imo it would be better to buy a dedicated summer tire with a good wet rating like the Extreme Contact Sport.

OP
OP

roadtripper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I know several people here have tried them and was hoping to get their opinions. I know I will lose some handling.I probably need to slow down a little anyway. Driving this car as it should be lands you in jail real quick. Trust me, I have been cut a break by two nice officers so far.

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Turbulence gray Premium Supra
I used them as my winter setup.
They are OK. I suppose that the value for price is where it shines.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I know several people here have tried them and was hoping to get their opinions. I know I will lose some handling.I probably need to slow down a little anyway. Driving this car as it should be lands you in jail real quick. Trust me, I have been cut a break by two nice officers so far.
They have things like HPDE and autocross to do those things lol.

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
I'm also curious, it has caught my eye especially with the wide amount of sizes offered. Aside from the winter handling, just 9k miles on the stock Michelins is a pretty short lifespan - the DWS 06 Plus should give you double or triple that. They say from their testing and R&D it should be grippier in dry and wet conditions, so hopefully that bodes well for the Supra. I know people running them on Porsches and Hellcats with positive feedback, so it shouldn't be too bad for our platform..

polaris

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2017 Corolla iM
I heard the sidewalls are kind of mushy and can mess with handling a bit if you're getting spirited. Otherwise they're pretty solid, especially in cold weather performance.

All season tech has improved greatly over the past few years. You're not really sacrificing too much warm weather performance anymore. I don't know how they hold up compared to the Pilot Super Sports, but I've heard the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ and 4 tires get something like 90 to 95% of the grip of the Super Sports. The guys over on the Corvette forums love them. Would definitely still recommend summer tires or semi-slicks for the track, though.

I'm personally going to be transitioning to the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ (or 4 once Michelin makes the Supra's sizes) for the cold weather, and then all year round once my Super Sports are worn.

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
on my previous car I've had the DWSs and they were great for daily driving and as everyone here has mentioned, has a very good lifespan. For being all season, I think they are one of the best all season performance tires..it was enough for some spirited driving, though I could never trust it for hard driving on Mountain roads.

I switched to Continental ExtremeContact Sport and are much stickier tires.

if you live in an area that requires all season, the DWS is a good option from personal experience (I've not tried Michelin Sport A/S, but I hear it may be better).

Otherwise I'd get summer tires Continental ExtremeContact Sport or Michelin PSS

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
These tires are by far the best year round tire for the Pacific North West. They have a nice shoulder for corning and their rain/ice/snow traction is superior. Iā€™ve put them on GTIā€™s, BMW 3 series and Lexus IS 300.

If you plan to drive your Supra all year this tire is a good match for it.

-RJM

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
I have 6500 very spirited miles on the Continentals with 285/35 rear and 265/35 front tires. I have more grip on these than on the stock Michelins in 275/35 and 255/35.

I can't speak for same tire sizes, but I absolutely have far more grip and more predictable grip with the DWS06 tires. They are also lighter than similarly sized Michelins, take that for what you will, but I like these as an all-season tire. Still seeing an "S" on the tread pattern front and rear.

All of that being said, I would not use these on track. I would use some dedicated track tires for that. Anything else, I'm sticking with the Continentals.

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I just bought CONTINENTAL EXTREME CONTACT DWS 06 plus for my 3.0 premium. I have not installed them yet. I have 9K on my stock michelins and the rears are about done. Has anyone put any mileage on these yet? How do they compare to stock? I'm hoping getting at least 20K on these tires. I don't track the car but do drive spirited. They look like quality tires and hope they handle well. Any first hand info out there?
Hang on the question should be why did you only get 9K miles on your stockers?!? I mean I have like 16k on mine and they have plenty of meat left on them. I drive quite spirited myself and have been to the drag strip once. Seems very low to have to replace them already but Iā€™m not sure what they are rated for. Maybe I just good a good set ??ā€ā™‚ Almost double your miles and a lot of tread left.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Hang on the question should be why did you only get 9K miles on your stockers?!? I mean I have like 16k on mine and they have plenty of meat left on them. I drive quite spirited myself and have been to the drag strip once. Seems very low to have to replace them already but Iā€™m not sure what they are rated for. Maybe I just good a good set ??ā€ā™‚ Almost double your miles and a lot of tread left.
I will only get about 8-10K miles out
of mine too. Im not sure why though. ?

-RJM

1C4A4777-6848-407B-AE27-46D55A954F28.jpeg
Sponsored