GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0 Rennisance Red
https://www.redlineoil.com/waterwetter

I've run this in the past in other vehicles. Since the Supra has a low temp cooling side for the AC and Inter-cooler, I was wondering if this would be a good add in. Or if it's verboten in our cars because BMW used some space age German engineering that would gag and die if it came into contact with this stuff.
Sponsored

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
I’ve used this on KTM motorcycles (and
That’s German 😜) I’d like to know the
Answer too.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I use to use it in a prior corvette.

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
https://www.redlineoil.com/waterwetter

I've run this in the past in other vehicles. Since the Supra has a low temp cooling side for the AC and Inter-cooler, I was wondering if this would be a good add in. Or if it's verboten in our cars because BMW used some space age German engineering that would gag and die if it came into contact with this stuff.
What problem are you trying to solve that's not already solved by the BMW coolant?

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Never in a car but ran WW in conjunction with distilled water in my track bikes due to track/organization requirements.
Not only that, but distilled water mixed with Water Wetter (or Rislone Hy-Per Lube SuperCoolant, or AMSOil Coolant Booster) is definitely superior in terms of thermal transfer efficiency. It's a win-win.

Michael-Dallas

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 4Runner
Wow, I haven’t used Water Wetter since the 90’s. 😁

IIRC, the science behind it is that it’s basically a surfactant that breaks the surface tension of water, so it helps prevent hot pockets of steam from forming in cavitation areas of the cooling system.

If I’d have ongoing rising hot temps above normal, then it’s something I would use.

OP
OP

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0 Rennisance Red
What problem are you trying to solve that's not already solved by the BMW coolant?
Ah! Excellent question.
And no - not a drag strip. She's an every day driver that we drive once a week because of WFH in the post C-19 landscape.

I live in AZ. It's hotter than a MOFO here. Summers get to 120 and pavement air (which the Supra sits right down on) is even hotter. Just looking to treat the car right and give it a little advantage in a hot environment.

I haven't experienced it yet but I'm guessing that in Germany they don't build an AC that tackles an AZ summer with ease. Maybe this would help with that getting the heat transferred out of the engine or on the low temp side.

My Ranger Ecoboost has heat soak lag in the hot parts of the summer. So that's my frame of reference.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I haven't experienced it yet but I'm guessing that in Germany they don't build an AC that tackles an AZ summer with ease. Maybe this would help with that getting the heat transferred out of the engine or on the low temp side.
Have you been to Germany? There are days that are over 100F there and humid.

Most major car companies do hot weather testing in deserts around the world as well.
Sponsored