Crankcase ventilation leakage code 16050A

Cyph

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91
I got this code twice in the last few days. Came back today after clearing it using jb4. It has been around 95 degrees outside lately while driving pretty hard. Reading on other B58 forums that it’s aftermarket air intake related. Intake is moving around and tripping out the crankcase breather hoses.

No leaks under the car and can only see a little oil vapor buildup around the breather line and oil cap area.

Hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction.
Sponsored

Last edited:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Service Plan:

Perform visual inspection for leakages and connection points on following components:
- Tank ventilation line on both cylinder banks (after tank vent valve)
- Crankcase ventilation lines between cylinder head covers and discharge points on the clean air sheet
- Oil filler cap including seal
- Visual and function check of the non-return valve in the clean air arch
- Renew the crankcase pressure sensor
No Driving Impact. Did this throw a CEL or are you just scanning codes for funsies? Don't scan codes for fun.

OP
OP
Cyph

Cyph

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91
Service Plan:

No Driving Impact. Did this throw a CEL or are you just scanning codes for funsies? Don't scan codes for fun.
CEL came on last Friday after clearing the code a week ago. Will visually inspect all the points on the list for now and fix any leaks.

I’ve been scanning codes recently due to the drivetrain malfunction error from using jb4 coupled with a new code (10170C throttle valve function clamped briefly). ECU clone is calling my name.

Reactions: zrk

whozaka

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I got this code twice in the last few days. Came back today after clearing it using jb4. It has been around 95 degrees outside lately while driving pretty hard. Reading on other B58 forums that it’s aftermarket air intake related. Intake is moving around and tripping out the crankcase breather hoses.

No leaks under the car and can only see a little oil vapor buildup around the breather line and oil cap area.

Hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction.
I have the same issue, I'm heavily modified so I'm thinking the extra boost pressure from the pure800 is whats throwing the code. I can't find a leak and have gone over the system several times.
Sponsored