Crash Supras on Public Roads

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I'm in the group where lane assist nearly caused me to crash. It violently almost corrected me into the back of a truck because of construction zone markings. I normally turn it off... Now I will religiously turn it off. I might invest in Bimmercode to see if there is an option to permanently turn this off.

I'm not against driver aids and A.I.... I'm actually looking forward to where autonomous driving will take us. But I definitely don't want to be part of these beta tests.
you don't need bimmer code to disable that.. I had it turned "vibration only" on since the day 1 and never had to visit that menu again..

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Well I'll be taking care of that today. Thanks.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm in the group where lane assist nearly caused me to crash. It violently almost corrected me into the back of a truck because of construction zone markings. I normally turn it off... Now I will religiously turn it off. I might invest in Bimmercode to see if there is an option to permanently turn this off.

I'm not against driver aids and A.I.... I'm actually looking forward to where autonomous driving will take us. But I definitely don't want to be part of these beta tests.
I turned lane assist off permanently a few weeks after I got mine. It is very aggressive and abrupt on the Supra compared to our Audi. I didn't have a close call but it was very disconcerting when it engages. I could easily foresee a situation like nearly hitting a bicyclist because I can't steer around them on a narrow country road.

This is something I really hope Toyota adjusts in the 2022 model. That said, to turn it off permanently, you don't need Bimmercode--it can be done with the existing menu settings.

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2021 Toyota Sienna
I turned lane assist off permanently a few weeks after I got mine. It is very aggressive and abrupt on the Supra compared to our Audi. I didn't have a close call but it was very disconcerting when it engages. I could easily foresee a situation like nearly hitting a bicyclist because I can't steer around them on a narrow country road.

This is something I really hope Toyota adjusts in the 2022 model. That said, to turn it off permanently, you don't need Bimmercode--it can be done with the existing menu settings.
How do you permamently turn off the lane assist? WIth or without bimmercode? (I've got bimmercode so if we can do it from there, i'm open to it).

Damn lane assist almost served me back into a car the other day.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
How do you permamently turn off the lane assist? WIth or without bimmercode? (I've got bimmercode so if we can do it from there, i'm open to it).

Damn lane assist almost served me back into a car the other day.
I will try to check at some point. I can promise you I disabled it (or at least disabled its ability to take over the steering wheel) and my car is completely stock. It is 32 degrees here so I am not exactly tripping over myself to go to a cold car and figure this out lol

JustaCarguy.

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 WRX Hatchback
I remember someone saying there should be either a required class or upgraded license people should go through before driving a car over a certain amount of power. I thought that was ridiculous, but the more I see these Cars and Coffee crashes, I tend to agree more.
No driver mods. Guys will dump 5k+ into tuning and parts, but won't do anything to improve their driver skill.

Shyzah

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1983 Supra, 2009 BMW 335i
Hello all,
Sorry if this has been posted before.
you must remember that fatal crash where the Mother of 25 years crashed a Yellow MKV after drinking?
Well, I found it on IAAI.
12a421848d35b0904b21a34181bdb3bf.jpg
EhhSCyoXsAEWwpB.jpeg

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)