Crooked steering wheel

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
I got a track alignment a few days before my track day, car felt great and performed extremely well. On my drive home I noticed my steering wheel became slightly crooked to the left. Car tracks perfectly straight and still feels fine, but my OCD is killing me with this crooked steering wheel.

Any idea what I should check for first when looking under my car? What would cause the steering wheel to become crooked? Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
So I got a track alignment a few days before my track day, car felt great snd performed well. On my drive home I noticed my steering wheel became slightly crooked to the left. Car tracks straight and still feels fine but my OCD is killing me with this crooked wheel.

Any idea what I should first check for when looking under my car? What would cause the steering wheel to become crooked? Thanks!
You need to get an alignment again that's all. After a track day Alignment and Fluid changes should be done. Track and HPDE can be tough on a car.

OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You need to get an alignment again that's all. After a track day Alignment and Fluid changes should be done. Track and HPDE can be tough on a car.
Yeah, Iā€™ll knock them both out at once. Thanks. So itā€™s normal for alignment to get whacky after an HPDE? Or did the shop that did my alignment beforehand not tighten components enough to prevent things from shifting? That was what I thought happened that should not have happened.

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Yeah, Iā€™ll knock them both out at once. Thanks. So itā€™s normal for alignment to get whacky after an HPDE? Or did the shop that did my alignment beforehand not tighten components enough to prevent things from shifting? That was what I thought happened that should not have happened.
Yes you can knock off alignment at Track days. Its not like your daily driving you car. Alignment, Brake pads and Fluids all get abused. Thats why after track days you get all the fluids changed and check out all components to keep car in top shape. Its called severe maintenance. Is this your first track day??

OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
13th track day. First time alignment has been thrown off.

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0, Civic Hatch, C10 Pickup
Check your steering tie rods. I've seen these bend quite easily and will definitely cause a crooked steering wheel.

OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Check your steering tie rods. I've seen these bend quite easily and will definitely cause a crooked steering wheel.
Thanks! This is the kind of advice I was looking for. I know the alignment could be thrown off after a very unforgiving track day but wasnā€™t sure what I should be looking for, and what would cause the alignment to go off.

Hopefully it isnā€™t bent, though lol.

OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E4B1975C-59F1-4B87-9779-9FDEC4135EC4.jpeg

FDE53E9D-7C2C-44E6-802E-6E13D9173B57.jpeg

Looks fine to me ?