Faye

First Name
Faye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT Stratosphere
Hey all!
Hope I am posting this in the right place...
After accidentally hitting part of Route 66 on my way to SIV last year and totally digging the sites and history, I decided that I would take the entire scenic route out to SIV 2023. I will be starting in San Antonio, heading North to Amarillo, and meeting up with an East Coast group that will also be following the 66 closer to its start in Chicago to make it to Vegas by Wednesday evening.

I started planning my general route (though a lot is still up in the air as I research the sites and attractions that capture my interest) and made a page on my website for it: https://www.pistonsandpixiedust.com/siv23route66
I am just writing a basic schedule of where I plan to be starting and stopping each day from, and some places I'd like to stop, in case anyone else wants to join in and make this more of a thing, while also keeping it really informal. That way, anyone who wants to run the 66 can stop at their own areas of interest, but catch up with the group later on for group lodging or dinner/drinks, etc. I also plan to drive my mk3, (RIP A91 - no I don't wanna talk about it) so Lord knows mechanical or electrical issues could happen at any time and alter any timeliness attempts anyways.

Since the larger part of the cruise is currently being planned by drivewaylabs, my main concern right now is gauging interest to see who would want to join me from San Antonio to Amarillo. I had hopes of potentially finding a sponsor for lodging or dinner that first evening, or a planned Toyota-centric activity once reaching destination 1, but wanted to get an idea of if anyone was even interested before reaching out to them, and having a general idea of cost.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for their favorite attractions, restaurants, or lodging please let me know!

If you're reading this much later than I am posting it, no worries - I am going to drive this route regardless of if 100 people, or nobody wants to join me, haha.
Now, I guess I need to stop worrying about how I am going to get there and actually finish the damn car so I actually have something to drive there at all.

(cross posted in Supra Forums and Supramania as well)
-Faye
20230222_152341.jpg
Sponsored

BigRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 A90
Sounds good, would join 100%, bad thing is Iā€™m on the other side of the planet :p

OP
OP
Faye

Faye

First Name
Faye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT Stratosphere
I'm interested and also from SA.
Heck yes! Between my other forum posts and recruitment, it looks like we've got a solid dozen starting in SA! Gonna be fun! I'll post more details as the date gets closer.

Can't wait!

OP
OP
Faye

Faye

First Name
Faye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT Stratosphere
Bumping this, information has been updated. Day 1 still in flux since I'm still waiting for Toyota to commit or not, but at least I have the rest of the details up: https://www.pistonsandpixiedust.com/siv23route66

Super informal, join or meet up along the way if you'd like. I'll also be updating my Instagram with where we are so if you're anywhere along the route and want to join, please do!

Michael-Dallas

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 4Runner
I donā€™t live far from Toyota HQ - got an ETA on when yā€™all are gonna be there on Sunday? My neighbors own a bar about 15 min north of there, would be a great place for drinks and pizza.

My best friends own The Highlander Public House in Wichita Falls. Theyā€™re located near the highway. Giveā€™em a stop for food and drink!

Also, if yā€™all are spending the night in Tucumcari, NM, then the Motel Safari is a groovy motel. Iā€™ll be spending the night there next month when I head out to Utah for the Ring of Fire solar eclipse.

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜23 GR Supra Premium MT
Bumping this, information has been updated. Day 1 still in flux since I'm still waiting for Toyota to commit or not, but at least I have the rest of the details up: https://www.pistonsandpixiedust.com/siv23route66

Super informal, join or meet up along the way if you'd like. I'll also be updating my Instagram with where we are so if you're anywhere along the route and want to join, please do!
Buc-eeā€™s north of Temple would be a good stop between Austin and Dallas.

OP
OP
Faye

Faye

First Name
Faye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT Stratosphere
I donā€™t live far from Toyota HQ - got an ETA on when yā€™all are gonna be there on Sunday? My neighbors own a bar about 15 min north of there, would be a great place for drinks and pizza.
Yes, actually - 4pm: group photo in front of the TMNA Headquarters Main entrance area.

5pm: informal group dinner at Hard Eight BBQ hosted by Toyota!!
Come out and join us!!!šŸ˜ƒ

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜23 GR Supra Premium MT
HAHA I agree!! I actually added that last night šŸ˜ thank you! Will you be joining us for any of this??
Iā€™m planning to load the kids up in the truck and swing by to see everyone at buc-eeā€™s. I live not far from it. Itā€™s my little ones birthday tho so wonā€™t be able to join the cruise.

Tsuki8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 3.0 AZ BM3 E50 WMI
Nice plan, epic route!
Probably won't make the whole trip.
There's a chance I can make the drive out to Toyota HQ from Houston.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
So cool that you're on here!

Still driving the MKIII or are you rocking the 23 Strat?

OP
OP
Faye

Faye

First Name
Faye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT Stratosphere
Nice plan, epic route!
Probably won't make the whole trip.
There's a chance I can make the drive out to Toyota HQ from Houston.
Please do!! Would you meet up with us in San Antonio? That would be so awesome! Hope to see you!!!

OP
OP
Faye

Faye

First Name
Faye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT Stratosphere
So cool that you're on here!

Still driving the MKIII or are you rocking the 23 Strat?
The 23. I accidentally committed to too many jobs over the summer and robbed myself of a lot of my 'free time" to get her done :/ Hopefully next year!!
(hopefully I stop saying that EVERY year!!!) :(
Sponsored