First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
CTS is not known for high quality parts in the VW world, so tread carefully.
This is exactly what I've heard from my VW friends. Their turbos apparently make good power until they don't. They are known for falling apart.

cinosa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Nitro Yellow Supra 3.0 Premium
CTS is not known for high quality parts in the VW world, so tread carefully.
Had zero issues with the CTS parts I picked up (new) for my '18 Golf R. I had their IC, DP, turbo muffler delete, turbo inlet pipe and charge piping. Granted, I didn't keep the car very long after getting it to 415whp, but I did put about 20k km's on the build and experienced no issues.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
In the description they say Titan tested it so hopefully means good things for the reliability of the turbo.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Had zero issues with the CTS parts I picked up (new) for my '18 Golf R. I had their IC, DP, turbo muffler delete, turbo inlet pipe and charge piping. Granted, I didn't keep the car very long after getting it to 415whp, but I did put about 20k km's on the build and experienced no issues.
Some people have good experiences, some don't. I would say I had the same experience with actual VW's. I've owned around eight of them. Half of them where junk, half of them where solid.

Currently own a 15 GTI and a 18 Alltrack, both have been solid except for the damn waterpumps.

Worst one I have owned was a 12 Golf TDI. What a pile of junk that was. Also had a friend with the same year/model TDI that was solid for 100K+ miles for him. 🤷

sams2k

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 turbo s2k, 2017 cadillac atsv, 2022 supra 3.0
no 6 port option?

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
Those parts that are not prone to failure regardless of brand or manufacturer. Turbos are different. Their BOSS turbo kits have a pretty bad reputation for reliability

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
Some people have good experiences, some don't. I would say I had the same experience with actual VW's. I've owned around eight of them. Half of them where junk, half of them where solid.

Currently own a 15 GTI and a 18 Alltrack, both have been solid except for the damn waterpumps.

Worst one I have owned was a 12 Golf TDI. What a pile of junk that was. Also had a friend with the same year/model TDI that was solid for 100K+ miles for him. 🤷
CTS is a solid brand when it comes to cost/value for their parts. Their intakes and piping are great! But turbos are in a completely different product category.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
Regardless of all their history for low quality turbos I am very much looking forward to seeing the results of this turbo. Like Dyno numbers on 93 octane only and draggy runs.

kern417

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 440i
Regardless of all their history for low quality turbos I am very much looking forward to seeing the results of this turbo. Like Dyno numbers on 93 octane only and draggy runs.
I reached out to CTS and Titan and they provided a lot of info. I made a video to cover all of it. You might be surprised to know the kit has already won a major event :)

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
I reached out to CTS and Titan and they provided a lot of info. I made a video to cover all of it. You might be surprised to know the kit has already won a major event :)
Thank you for the great video like always! If Titan is putting their name behind it it looks promising from a reliability point of view too! Do you think it will make more power on 93 octane only than the current hybrid options?

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
Updated the thread now that it finally released! Let's keep the thread going! Hopefully we get customer reviews soon with dyno numbers and drag times.

kern417

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 440i
Thank you for the great video like always! If Titan is putting their name behind it it looks promising from a reliability point of view too! Do you think it will make more power on 93 octane only than the current hybrid options?
Yep

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Thanks for all your B58 content. I've been subscribed for a while and have been learning a lot from you. Thanks again for supporting the community.
Sponsored

Last edited: