Cusco Chassis Braces & Tow Hooks

larrymz3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
That front strut brace needs to be red or some other color than that ugly blue! I don't understand why Cusco doesn't offer other color options.

ChrisD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
A90 Supra, Twin Turbo 350Z, NA 370Z
front strut brace seems like a good idea, might make my own version of that.

The rear one on the underneath though... looks pretty much identical to the stock brace?

OP
OP
supramk5

supramk5

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
  • Banned
That front strut brace needs to be red or some other color than that ugly blue! I don't understand why Cusco doesn't offer other color options.
Haha that's not the first time I heard that but I got it powder coated Red. I'll post pics soon!

OP
OP
supramk5

supramk5

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
  • Banned
front strut brace seems like a good idea, might make my own version of that.

The rear one on the underneath though... looks pretty much identical to the stock brace?
That's cool man, I would like to see your own version. How would you do it?

Also, the rear lower bar is very identical in the design/shape but the stock brace is aluminum. Cusco bar is steel and weighs just a few pounds more.

ChrisD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
That's cool man, I would like to see your own version. How would you do it?

Also, the rear lower bar is very identical in the design/shape but the stock brace is aluminum. Cusco bar is steel and weighs just a few pounds more.
That's interesting that the bottom one is steel. I was talking to a friend about me making my own version of the engine bay strut brace like I mentioned and he said he'd suggest using aluminium for that and said that it looks like the cusco one is aluminium too. Seems weird they'd make the engine bay one ali and the underside one steel though.

As for how I'd do it, I'm no pro fabricator or anything lol so I'd just start mocking it up on the car, then a bit of trial and error cutting and welding shit until it all looked about right haha that's pretty much what I did to make this radiator/bumper support for another car and it turned out kinda ok. For the actual design I'd probably go for something very similar to that cusco one, but will have to have a look and see how much room there is for other options

23.JPG

OP
OP
supramk5

supramk5

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
  • Banned
That's interesting that the bottom one is steel. I was talking to a friend about me making my own version of the engine bay strut brace like I mentioned and he said he'd suggest using aluminium for that and said that it looks like the cusco one is aluminium too. Seems weird they'd make the engine bay one ali and the underside one steel though.

As for how I'd do it, I'm no pro fabricator or anything lol so I'd just start mocking it up on the car, then a bit of trial and error cutting and welding shit until it all looked about right haha that's pretty much what I did to make this radiator/bumper support for another car and it turned out kinda ok. For the actual design I'd probably go for something very similar to that cusco one, but will have to have a look and see how much room there is for other options

23.JPG
Cusco Engine bay bars (at least the 2 blue bars) are for sure steel, not aluminum. And I'm curious to see your design when you finish. Someone else was telling me they want to see if they can run it across the top of the engine. Not sure if there's enough room.

ChrisD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E

larrymz3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
People are telling me this will cause car to understeer more. Has anyone experienced this?
Who is telling you that? Sounds like you might need more knowledgeable friends. Strut bars have been used for years to prevent chassis flexing during cornering. Most autocross guys run them.

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
I remember seeing a video with Tada where he said they liked the steering feel better without the braces, so they obviously have a noticeable effect. I would not be surprised if it made the front end a little edgier and easier to push around.
Sponsored