Cusco front brace installed, replaced OEM 21 braces on a 20... Thoughts.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
So a couple months I was cheap and decided to just order a set of 2021 style engine braces, paid like $45 with hardware which I didn't even use LOL, then had a shop powder coat them and it was totally the wrong color, and it ended up costing me $150 bucks in total, such a waist, maybe for 45 now, but for 150, It didn't look good, and I did not really feel any difference. I already had springs and sway bars, this weekend I found a basically new cusco brace local to me, paid $150 bucks for it LOL, Now this is more like it, car feels immediately better tighten up front and even more composed, feels even stiffer and flatter when taking turns and diving into a corner, and it looks amazing, install was super easy and clears my BMS intake perfectly! even for the 250 or whatever it is new, I recommend people just do it right or even if you have a 21, get this from the start, or really any of the full lenght braces, they are prob the same. now for some photos. Next is the interior brace!
also if anyone is wondering, the cusco blue matches the verus blue almost spot on, put the caps on this weekend too and it looks really good all together.
ls
Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 10.26.39 PM.jpg
IMG_6050.jpg
IMG_6051.jpg
IMG_6053.jpg
IMG_6057.jpg
IMG_6054.jpg
Sponsored

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Looks good...
Wonder how much of the feel is placebo? Considering you were disappointed in the factory braces once power coated...
Not saying the brace didn't improve anything just curious..

I really like the blue in the engine bay against the yellow...looks good...I would've never thought those colors would look that good together ?

Steve

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Looks good...
Wonder how much of the feel is placebo? Considering you were disappointed in the factory braces once power coated...
Not saying the brace didn't improve anything just curious..

I really like the blue in the engine bay against the yellow...looks good...I would've never thought those colors would look that good together ?

Steve
I really don't think the factory 2021 braces did anything, but when I did this both myself and my dad drove the car and we agreed it felt a lot better, only other mods I did that day was the verus master cylinder brace, and the verus turbo heat shield. The cusco piece is a very very solid piece. thank you for the kind words, the blue and yellow def work together, thinking of doing my calipers in the same blue, it is similar to the M blue !

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I really don't think the factory 2021 braces did anything, but when I did this both myself and my dad drove the car and we agreed it felt a lot better, only other mods I did that day was the verus master cylinder brace, and the verus turbo heat shield. The cusco piece is a very very solid piece. thank you for the kind words, the blue and yellow def work together, thinking of doing my calipers in the same blue, it is similar to the M blue !

Think that would look pretty killer...
Definitely set off the yellow..

I'm considering doing my calipers in the blue stitching (Telltale blue)of my a91 nocturnal which I think is pretty close to that your blue..
Would love to see pics if you decide to do your calipers...

Steve

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Think that would look pretty killer...
Definitely set off the yellow..

I'm considering doing my calipers in the blue stitching (Telltale blue)of my a91 nocturnal which I think is pretty close to that your blue..
Would love to see pics if you decide to do your calipers...

Steve
That would also look amazing! I want to do it, but man this car cost me so much money LOL. as a broke college student trying to run his own business but also have an unhealthy obsession with cars and modding this one, it adds up so quick... 1-200 here, 9-1000 there, just ugh. everywhere around me wants $400+ to do the calipers. I can wrap them... but idk.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Are you saying Wrapping the Brake Calipers? if so, don't do it unless the wrap is approved for over 1,500 degrees.. other wise, my guess would be either wrap will melt and burn into the caliper or your caliper will catch fire... even for painting, you will need to use high temp paint specific for the brake calipers.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dude. Definitely know the feeling..
Fortunately I'm not a broke college student and have a semi successful small business..
But I have 3 cars that need love..
My wifes Lexus RCF
Daughters BMW 435i
N of course my Supra
This is definitely worse then any drug you could take..Hahaha

But listen...if you want I'll trade cost with ya?

Steve

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Are you saying Wrapping the Brake Calipers? if so, don't do it unless the wrap is approved for over 1,500 degrees.. other wise, my guess would be either wrap will melt and burn into the caliper or your caliper will catch fire... even for painting, you will need to use high temp paint specific for the brake calipers.
ya a couple local guys to me have this super high temp wrap they use, and some do reflective, this is a quick 30 second photoshop, but I would most likely powder coat them if I were to do it
supra blue calipers.png

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Dude. Definitely know the feeling..
Fortunately I'm not a broke college student and have a semi successful small business..
But I have 3 cars that need love..
My wifes Lexus RCF
Daughters BMW 435i
N of course my Supra
This is definitely worse then any drug you could take..Hahaha

But listen...if you want I'll trade cost with ya?

Steve
Okay I may have been exaggerating a little lol, I do better than most people my age with a pretty successful metal recycling business, basically buying and recycling cats/ downpipes, and flip the occasional car/truck. but man between a full time girlfriend, expensive ass college lol, even with a scholarship, paying $250 for an online textbook LMAO, and a supra payment, shit adds up, granted I don't spend money on crazy expensive dinners, and clothes and that stuff, not my cup of tea, I do wish mods were cheaper for this car.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Okay I may have been exaggerating a little lol, I do better than most people my age with a pretty successful metal recycling business, basically buying and recycling cats/ downpipes, and flip the occasional car/truck. but man between a full time girlfriend, expensive ass college lol, even with a scholarship, paying $250 for an online textbook LMAO, and a supra payment, shit adds up, granted I don't spend money on crazy expensive dinners, and clothes and that stuff, not my cup of tea, I do wish mods were cheaper for this car.
Go on you man..sounds like you got it going on?
I'm with ya though let me spend my money on car parts...I can eat beans from a can 5 days a week...lol

Steve
Btw..the blue calipers does look good with the yellow but I'm with @nibble,high temp caliper paint or powder coat...

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
N please don't steal my cat for recycling...bahahaha...
these low lifes stealing cats has made my business so much harder... people think it is illegal now or that I am doing something sketch, even though I'm not lol. oh but shameless plug, if anyone wants to sell an oem dp lmk. $1300+ for 2020, and $1200+ for 2021. but back to regularly scheduded programing, ya powdercoat is the way to go for the calipers.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Looks great with the yellow! I actually just received this part for my '21 yesterday. There were so many differing opinions on if this thing made a difference on a '21 I decided to give it a go myself and picked it up. Your thread has at least given me hope it wasn't a complete waste of money, given you went from the '21 stock bars to the Cusco brace. Now, I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but I also bought the Cusco under-body brace. I can't find too much feedback about this part, but what I have has all been positive. If any visitors to this thread have feedback on that, I'd love to hear it.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
This brace is at the top of my list but does anyone know if it will clear an AMS intake box?
Sponsored