DAB interference from Dashcam

Doctorbluebox

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra Pro Mk5
I have had front and rear Nextbase (UK) dashcams fitted and they are causing interference to the DAB radio causing it to cut out.
Nextbase told me to fit a ferrite core around the cable next to the camera. Ideally, the camera nearest the aerial.
Where is the DAB aerial on a MK5 Supra?
Probably the easiest thing for me to do is to fit 2 ferrite cores, one on each of the leads feeding both cameras.
Sponsored

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
I have had front and rear Nextbase (UK) dashcams fitted and they are causing interference to the DAB radio causing it to cut out.
Nextbase told me to fit a ferrite core around the cable next to the camera. Ideally, the camera nearest the aerial.
Where is the DAB aerial on a MK5 Supra?
Probably the easiest thing for me to do is to fit 2 ferrite cores, one on each of the leads feeding both cameras.
I have a NextBase as well. I can’t help you with your issue, but you might have helped me with mine. For that, I thank you.

I quite like Nextbase products.

OP
OP
Doctorbluebox

Doctorbluebox

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra Pro Mk5
I have a NextBase as well. I can’t help you with your issue, but you might have helped me with mine. For that, I thank you.

I quite like Nextbase products.
Nextbase said that there is one ferrite core supplied with the cigarette lighter power lead. This is removable so, if you have had your dashcam hardwired, you can unclip it from the lighter power lead and clip it onto the hardwired power lead. Ensure that, when fitting, you have a loop of power cable going through it. See attached image

20210701_144850.jpg
Sponsored