Dealer called to bring car in for LoJack update ?

Sauceii

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Pemium
Anyone else with a 2021 get a call from their dealer to bring the car in so they could update the Lojack system ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sauceii

Sauceii

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Pemium
Nothing yet.
I have a buddy there and they assured me it was a separate system so my tune wouldn’t get messed up but realistically still iffy bringing a modded car in even though they said they wouldn’t note anything to go against my warranty. They said it should be a quick 10 min update on just the LoJack system

Pinrut

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Clarity Hybrid, 2020 Supra Premium Nocturnal
I have a buddy there and they assured me it was a separate system so my tune wouldn’t get messed up but realistically still iffy bringing a modded car in even though they said they wouldn’t note anything to go against my warranty. They said it should be a quick 10 min update on just the LoJack system
Sounds fishy to me, I'd just ignore it

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I had no idea these cars had lojack, actually, I had no idea lojack was still a thing lol. Similar to my 2019 Corolla, the app for the supra has a gps recovery system and iirc, lojack works via terrestrial radio waves.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I had no idea these cars had lojack, actually, I had no idea lojack was still a thing lol. Similar to my 2019 Corolla, the app for the supra has a gps recovery system and iirc, lojack works via terrestrial radio waves.
Yea, my dealer asked me if I was interested in LoJack and I'm sure I gave him the most confused look like, why would I need that?:dunno:

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I too was scratching my head.. LoJack is so 1980/1990's.. did the dealer ask you if you wanted to install key'ed hood locks?

SupraPaPa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Very interesting. I work for the finance arm of Toyota, and will check with our dedicated Service Mgr at the local dealer, as this is the first I am hearing of this.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
When I bought my FRS back in 2012 from VA, it came equipped with LoJack. Didn't care who put it in there but was glad with the thought of being able to track if stolen. But yeah, nowadays you can opt in for various tracking methods/systems...

Last edited:

SupraPaPa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Nothing back from my dealer on it's update, but I do know that per a quick online search, several dealers offer it as an option with the car. Have you looked to see if you original invoice shows it as added/optional equipment?

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Nothing back from my dealer on it's update, but I do know that per a quick online search, several dealers offer it as an option with the car. Have you looked to see if you original invoice shows it as added/optional equipment?
It's definitely just dealers trying to sell the Lojack product, lots of Toyota dealers seem to be selling it like you said.

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
My car has a small sticker on it from a local dealer they says the car is equipped with a car tracking system for theft prevention. I think they mentioned they do it for every car they sell.

Haven't heard anything about the Supra having a Lojack system though?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
My car has a small sticker on it from a local dealer they says the car is equipped with a car tracking system for theft prevention. I think they mentioned they do it for every car they sell.

Haven't heard anything about the Supra having a Lojack system though?
Well Supra has embedded tracking. I can see where my car is at all times (given that I didn't park underground with no gps signal)
Can't imagine LoJack using some ingenious algorithm. Though in this day and age, these trackers should, if not already, using accelerometer, etc. to map out your whereabouts after gps signal loss.
Sponsored