Digital Rearview Mirror Camera Relocation Kits

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
The rearview digital display function gets nuked for owners putting shells & campers on their '24s that are equipped w/the feature. There's chatter throughout other threads on this; wanted to start something a bit more bookended where we can suss out the right equipment & feedback.

I came across this aftermarket kit: https://www.ggoffroad.com/store/p/digital-rearview-camera-relocation-kit-tundra-22-24-tacoma-24

There's a few key items on the back of the cab (overhead bed lamp / wide angle cargo view camera / rearview digital display / 3rd brake light). In a perfect world you'd be able to migrate the rearview lens to the back of the shell and move the wide angle & bed lamp to the inside of the shell. 3rd brake light usually included with most shells and campers...

The GFC build I have spec'd won't have back glass, so my goal is to utilize weather proof camera hardware - or the OEM camera that's on the back of the cab spoiler/ find a way to articulate it and permanently mount to the GFC back hatch. They'll get dirty & loaded w/snow at this location (like the rest of the camera arrays both front and back on the truck they all get plastered in less than ideal conditions), but possibly there's a piece of trim that could be developed to shield it from road spray being the highest mounted camera on the vehicle...

My '24 hasn't been delivered yet at the time of this post. Let us know if you've done this relocate / what products are working for you / what products are not. Cheers.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
Great question, and since I do plan on some kind of over landing shell/camper, I have opted to not get the digital camera in the upgrade package for the OR, but if there's a way to utilize it with a full time camper/shell, might be worth getting it, so hope you get some good info on relocating it!