Sponsored

Duce95

First Name
Big Deezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Offroad
I haven’t really seen anybody do it yet so I wanted to share some photos from my install yesterday.

I made a wiring harness for my install. It’s complete plug-in play using the factory AUX switch and provided pigtails.

2024 Tacoma Ditch light install using factory AUX switch and pigtails IMG_3864

2024 Tacoma Ditch light install using factory AUX switch and pigtails IMG_3865

2024 Tacoma Ditch light install using factory AUX switch and pigtails IMG_3866

2024 Tacoma Ditch light install using factory AUX switch and pigtails IMG_3867

2024 Tacoma Ditch light install using factory AUX switch and pigtails IMG_3868

2024 Tacoma Ditch light install using factory AUX switch and pigtails IMG_3904
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Toyota really made it easy with these prewired plugs I must say. When I ordered my ditch lights I was whining like a little toddler thinking I was going to have to go through the dreaded firewall before remembering I don't have to do it at all! 😂

I don't like the placement on these prewired plugs though I must say. The one in front makes sense, for a light bar and what not, which is what I plugged my ditch lights into, AUX 2. Another one in the bonnet which would preferably make more sense for ditch lights and then they put the third inside the cabin somewhere if I'm reading the manual correctly which makes absolutely zero sense to me. I would've liked to see one near the middle or rear of the truck, for something like rollbar lights.

nicholo85

First Name
nicholo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
can you share which company these lights are from?

OP
OP
Duce95

Duce95

First Name
Big Deezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Offroad
can you share which company these lights are from?
These lights are Baja Designs Squadron Sport. They were used as fogs on my 2021, I took them off before I traded it in. I ordered the flat face and the mounting hardware from Baja Designs. Gave them a shine and GTG.

The wire harness I made by measuring the lengths and soldering the connections together. Protected in some loom. I will post pics of the final install once the correct replacement mounts arrive.

2024 Tacoma Ditch light install using factory AUX switch and pigtails IMG_3869

2024 Tacoma Ditch light install using factory AUX switch and pigtails IMG_3870

2024 Tacoma Ditch light install using factory AUX switch and pigtails IMG_3871

theKurt

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Toyota really made it easy with these prewired plugs I must say. When I ordered my ditch lights I was whining like a little toddler thinking I was going to have to go through the dreaded firewall before remembering I don't have to do it at all! 😂

I don't like the placement on these prewired plugs though I must say. The one in front makes sense, for a light bar and what not, which is what I plugged my ditch lights into, AUX 2. Another one in the bonnet which would preferably make more sense for ditch lights and then they put the third inside the cabin somewhere if I'm reading the manual correctly which makes absolutely zero sense to me. I would've liked to see one near the middle or rear of the truck, for something like rollbar lights.
Like you said, there's supposed to be one in the cabin somewhere but I have yet to try and locate it. I *think its behind the panel to the left of the pedals. There should be one at the rear bumper too, but again, I haven't gone looking for it yet.

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
Looks good. I want to add a light bar once I can get the trd pro grill. Which switch blanks are these aux plugs wired to?

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Looks good. I want to add a light bar once I can get the trd pro grill. Which switch blanks are these aux plugs wired to?
Depending on your trim and option package, you'll have 3 Aux switches to the left of the steering wheel. They're pretty obvious if you have them. I know they come on TRD Premium trims. Maybe upgrade, but I'm not sure.

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
Depending on your trim and option package, you'll have 3 Aux switches to the left of the steering wheel. They're pretty obvious if you have them. I know they come on TRD Premium trims. Maybe upgrade, but I'm not sure.
Ahhh, don’t have any aux switches but I do have the black plugs in the diagram.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Ahhh, don’t have any aux switches but I do have the black plugs in the diagram.
I don't know why they wouldn't put those on all trims. CaliRaised has buttons that fit those slots but you'll have to run your own wiring.

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
I don't know why they wouldn't put those on all trims. CaliRaised has buttons that fit those slots but you'll have to run your own wiring.
I wonder if it’s already run and they just put in blanks. My last Tacoma was an SR and it was pre-wired for a lot of stuff that it didn’t come with. Guess I’ll have to check.
Sponsored