Do you guys ever get tired of others bashing your A90 Supra? / Tired of the BMW comments?

How much negative comments do you get a day on your A90?

• Total voters

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
So, my wife came to me today and asked me why is everybody hating on our new Supra. She said a female coworker of hers came up to her and said your Supra is made by BMW and your motor won't last long. And another questioned the price and etc.. List goes on. Wife loves the car and think its sexy and fast. That's all it matters!

Me frankly, I am getting tired of friends/people I know running their mouths since I got it. Like, " I saw you standing next to a Z4 on facebook..." (dude drives a 90's Civic) Another said nice BMW... (he drives a beat up old vette) Another guy won't acknowledge on the car bc he is hatin' hard. (drives a 90 Nissan Skyline)

Another said, the car is too hyped up... (drives a 2001 civic) And another said, hope you got the extended warranty, because you will need it.. Another said its junk and he would never own one.. One said to pull the junk b58 out and drop a 2jz inside.. I am like yeah, okay, let me ruin a brand new car and pull a brand new motor and put a 90's motor inside a brand new $60k+ car... "Dumbass!" List goes on.
No of them cared to do their research on the car or even ever driven one. This car is so new, nobody knows how dependable or reliable its going to be. But do you think Toyota would risk their reputation by putting their name on a car that wouldn't last? I don't think so.

Its funny bc most of haters can't even afford one..... Me, if I didn't like a car, I am not going to say something smart ass/negative to a friend just bc I don't like his choice of the car.

I like to hear everybody's stories. What has everybody been saying in Public to yall's faces? :) And whats yall's responses back to them? My reply was, "I really enjoy driving the car, car is very well built as far as power/handling/interior, and I think its sexy as hell." "And the car is super under rated power-wise as listed."
Sponsored

Last edited:

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Same broken record. We can afford fixing it if it does happen to break down. I rather drive something fun for a few years than a rusted out civic and being bitter about something that I can't even experience my self.

XPOTTEDPLANTX

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Car(s)
2020 supra, 09 sti hatch, 69 nova, 68 camaro
I havent got hate on it yet with the exception of a friend who is a former toyota tech..."its a bmw".... lol he used to complain about working on the frs too because "it's a subaru". Yet he drives 2 subarus....lol. I think alot of the hate is coming from people that cant own one. I mean I can barely afford one...but my credit is badass lol. I love the damn car. I dont care who makes or what.

Last edited:

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
Some of that seems like good hearted ribbing, but the comments to your wife? Where the fuck do you live and work with such shitty people? Iā€™m in outside sales so I see a TON of people with my car and I havenā€™t heard a peep of honest negativity.

The only place I hear people talk shit is the internet - surprise surprise. Everyone in my life either doesnā€™t say shit if they donā€™t like it, loves the car, or talks a little good hearted shit because it is not a $70,000 truck so I must be rich. No one where I live is going to shit on some random person unless they are a complete child.

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1994, BMW 135i M-Sport,
Seems like a bit more of a US and internet thing... Sour grapes?

TBH, when I got my 94 Supra (pre- FnF), Used to get crap for years from "car aficionados" about how the car was too expensive because it useless on a real track and could only straight line, and why a GTR or STI was superior. After production ceased, suddenly it is now a legend.

I think since cars, especially new ones are such a large expense for most people, owners tend to be over enthusiastic about their cars and non-owners hate on the cars. Internet just makes it more widespread.

OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Some of that seems like good hearted ribbing, but the comments to your wife? Where the fuck do you live and work with such shitty people? Iā€™m in outside sales so I see a TON of people with my car and I havenā€™t heard a peep of honest negativity.

The only place I hear people talk shit is the internet - surprise surprise. Everyone in my life either doesnā€™t say shit if they donā€™t like it, loves the car, or talks a little good hearted shit because it is not a $70,000 truck so I must be rich. No one where I live is going to shit on some random person unless they are a complete child.
Yeah, well the wife bought the car as surprise late X-Mas/B-day gift for me, so I think some of her coworkers started hatin' on her. She works retail. I work for a small city. I am in North Atl area. I forgot to mention, most of the shit talkers are Honda/Nissan guys that I used to go to shows/meets with..... And some neighbors. The found out through my wife's FB/IG. I never told anybody that I had the car. lol

7.insta

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV Renaissance Red
Vehicle Showcase
I get BMW jokes on a daily basis, everyone thinks its still funny for some reason or they're the only one sending the memes to me, and the worst is when people compare the FT1 concept car and calls the A90 ugly and whatnot

OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I get BMW jokes on a daily basis, everyone thinks its still funny for some reason or they're the only one sending the memes to me, and the worst is when people compare the FT1 concept car and calls the A90 ugly and whatnot
I donā€™t get the BMW joke honestly and itā€™s getting old.. It could be a lot worse, our cars could be made by Hyundai. BMW makes some badass cars like the M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, and the X5/6 M series. All quick ass cars that I wouldnā€™t mind to own.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I personally haven't gotten any negative comments about my Supra and seems to draw a lot of attention and positive reactions everywhere I go...And no mine doesn't sit in the garage either...

I suppose it also depends on the maturity level of the people one chooses to hang around with...

As far as comments made on the internet I largely ignore them realizing it just trolls who either a) Are jealous because they couldn't afford to purchase a new Supra or b) Just immature fanbois who troll out of insecurity in a desperate need for attention...

Last edited:

Astral Tune

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
From my experience people who aren't really into cars actually like it. You have to admit the car makes heads turn while on a drive, then you got people know a little more about cars and they just want to voice their preference. I previously owned a 2017 civic si which doesn't have vtec since it's already turbo charged. I've heard almost the same amount of complaints about the new civic si not being a true si just because it did not have vtec and it was all designed by Honda. People just want to nit-pick. :dunno:

cutsman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Austin Mini (VTEC), 2020 Supra, 2005 Cooper S
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear that people have been sour about it. As you mentioned, the only thing that matters is that you and your wife enjoy the car. From my experience, people have been generally interested in the car and love the looks.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I genuinely don't care what someone else thinks about my car. I liked it so I got it. If they don't like it they don't have to get it.

I did get couple of "BMW" comments but my response has been "So..?" There are quite few BMWs I like and they are fine to me as a brand. MY friend recently went to some sort of M Performance driving event and I asked him to invite me next time so I can show up in the Supra. :dunno:

At least you didn't get a Mini Cooper S - the same people would probably question your sexuality. People are dumb, ignore them.

yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase
I've only seen the stupid comments online like Facebook. I saw a few post on the local Facebook car meet group with another supra and then mine with retarded comments. I was going to respond but deleted my comments since I already knew what kind of people that are on there making those comments. True most never even driven the car or appreciate it. Hell I didn't drive mine till I took it off the lot after I bought it. I love mine. Haven't heard any negative things from my friends or people that are friends with me online. Always notice people looking at it when its parked or when I'm driving. One of my friends wives was super excited because she works for the marketing company Toyota hired for national advertising and not many of them have actually seen or know someone with one lol

Bruins71

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, Highlander,Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
I signed up to this forum in February of 2019 the day after I put down a deposit for my Supra.
I cant believe how much time people waist trying to convince others how much they don't like something
and why they should not buy a supra.:crazy:
I like spending time with my passions- my Family my Supra and golf.
I have always liked BMW and I like Toyotas and sports cars. So that's why I purchased it ,because I LOVE IT.:love:
I don't like Chevy but hey if you like the new Vett (very nice car btw) go get one and be happy!
We should all spend less time worrying about what others think and focus on our interests.
"Aint nobody got no time for that";)