• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Does anyone have the wheel lock tool

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Hello

I’m looking for a anti theft wheel lock piece to take off my stock wheels. I’ll pay for a fair price
Sponsored

Insomniac

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Premium GR
Those are normal 1 of several available from what I have seen in the past. So you'd probably need to post a picture of the pattern you need. Also, the dealer should be able to get you one for replacement.

Richard

OP
OP
Mason

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Those are normal 1 of several available from what I have seen in the past. So you'd probably need to post a picture of the pattern you need. Also, the dealer should be able to get you one for replacement.

Richard
The dealer charges 50$ for the lock set. Should be universal Toyota lock

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
The dealer charges 50$ for the lock set. Should be universal Toyota lock
Pretty sure it doesn't work that way.
Yes, the key and lockset may only be $50, but the keys/locks aren't entirely universal.

For $50 you may get key and lockset 'A'.
If you happen to currently have lockset 'A' on your car, then the key from it will work.
If you happen to have lockset 'E', then it won't work.
No idea how many actual sets there are, but only having one universal version would be a very ineffective lock.

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
The dealer’s service department should have a master key. Some tire places do too.

Last time I had new tires installed on my wife‘s car I forgot to tell them where the key was. They used a master key to remove the locks.

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
The dealer’s service department should have a master key. Some tire places do too.

Last time I had new tires installed on my wife‘s car I forgot to tell them where the key was. They used a master key to remove the locks.
It's not a single 'Master key', it's a 'Master Set'. Whatever the total # of keys there are for Toyota, they just have one of each. So if there are 20 possible sets, they just have 20 keys and find the right key. Unless you're talking about the true 'Master key' e.g. a 12 point socket hammered on.

1661366930111.png

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
It's not a single 'Master key', it's a 'Master Set'. Whatever the total # of keys there are for Toyota, they just have one of each. So if there are 20 possible sets, they just have 20 keys and find the right key. Unless you're talking about the true 'Master key' e.g. a 12 point socket hammered on.

1661366930111.png
That could be the case. The point is that the dealer’s service department should be able to remove the locks.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep

There's not a master key. I used to work at a Toyota dealership and we had a case that had every single lock pattern that Toyota offers. So if we had to remove a wheel lock on a customer's car and he/she didn't leave the key, we'd have to break out the case and try every one of them until we found one that fit.

OP
OP
Mason

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Is it likely that a tire shop will have every option? Or some solution for removal

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Is it likely that a tire shop will have every option? Or some solution for removal
No. If they dont have the key (unlikely) they will take a larger 12 point socket and hammer it onto the lock to remove it, likely destroying the locks and possibly damaging your wheels.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
There's 10 different patterns that McGard makes for TMC. Yours could be any one of those, and the only way to tell is to sit there with the master kit and try them until one clicks neatly into place.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Not sure if it's the same as yours but I have this one.

20220824_182120.jpg

OP
OP
Mason

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Not sure if it's the same as yours but I have this one.

20220824_182120.jpg
I mean it looks like that shape yes

Do we have confirmation of any Supra locks differ?