Does anyone know how easy these are to remove/take off?

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
The pieces that are highlighted in the picture below, just the pad and the leather top for the center console
1608690072496.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
Center console removes dead-easy. Pull up the rubber liner from the cupholders, remove the 2 screws you'll see underneath (T20 torx if I recall), then pull the whole leather cover straight up. It's attached with several clips.

KingTai

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Knee pad area can just be pulled out. It's held on by a ton of clips and no screws

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Golf R Mk7.5 & Toyota Supra MkV
The pieces that are highlighted in the picture below, just the pad and the leather top for the center console
1608690072496.png
Leather/rubber side panel pulls off there are 10 or so torx screws the whole plastic panel pulls off

There are two Torx screws under the rubber cub holder liner and the whole head rest pulls up easily.

When thats off you can pull up on the carbon fibre piece unlplug the connectors (about three) and lift the entire panel out. The wireless charging matt lifts out unlplugging about three connectors.

Interested as to why you want to dismantle?

If you have creaks - I got rid rid of all my creaks 100% - zero noise over any surface.

I am amazed how easy it is to pull this car apart.

The front panel was the worse at creaking you push on it it creaks, in hot weather it creaked all the time and going over uneven surfaces.

I lined the entire inside of the panel with sound deadening and foam tape.

I did the same with the aircon control housing.

Its really easy and hard to break anything.

Attachments

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Thank you all!

@dazza I might be getting a red pad and center part to better match my new wheel.

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
Thanks for the disassembly pics. Have you considered doing a hydrodip on your parts for a Carbon Fiber finish? That appears to be what Toyota has done with the center piece, it's clearly not real Carbon Fiber.

sssushi

First Name
Sascha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 3.0
Did you see the antenna for the keyless go beneath this tunnel ? Its not below the armrest.... where is it located ?

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Golf R Mk7.5 & Toyota Supra MkV
Did you see the antenna for the keyless go beneath this tunnel ? Its not below the armrest.... where is it located ?
I'm not sure what it looks like but if you lift the wireless charging Pad there is Purple antenna connector wire not sure where the wire runs to.

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
There are two Torx screws under the rubber cub holder liner and the whole head rest pulls up easily.

When thats off you can pull up on the carbon fibre piece unlplug the connectors (about three) and lift the entire panel out. The wireless charging matt lifts out unlplugging about three connectors.
Knee pad area can just be pulled out. It's held on by a ton of clips and no screws
Could anyone advise if the passenger side knee pad also pulls right off? Borrowing @dazzaā€™s pic, Iā€™m referring to the below
02E8D360-75BB-4E3A-B8A9-74B5EC2F4D45.jpeg

from the Realoem diagram captures, it appears to be attached by a bolt/screw... if so, itā€™s attached to the carbon fiber trim?
D3F46720-EDFC-4082-908C-45A7D1FF31A4.jpeg

f22bub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
Could anyone advise if the passenger side knee pad also pulls right off? Borrowing @dazzaā€™s pic, Iā€™m referring to the below
02E8D360-75BB-4E3A-B8A9-74B5EC2F4D45.jpeg

from the Realoem diagram captures, it appears to be attached by a bolt/screw... if so, itā€™s attached to the carbon fiber trim?
D3F46720-EDFC-4082-908C-45A7D1FF31A4.jpeg
Can you share a link to that diagram? Thanks

sssushi

First Name
Sascha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 3.0
Yes I found this one. But there seems to be another one below the middle tunnel......

GatoRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
335i
Leather/rubber side panel pulls off there are 10 or so torx screws the whole plastic panel pulls off

Interested as to why you want to dismantle?

If you have creaks - I got rid rid of all my creaks 100% - zero noise over any surface.

I am amazed how easy it is to pull this car apart.

The front panel was the worse at creaking you push on it it creaks, in hot weather it creaked all the time and going over uneven surfaces.

I lined the entire inside of the panel with sound deadening and foam tape.

I did the same with the aircon control housing.

Its really easy and hard to break anything.
Did you happen to record a video?
Sponsored