SupraDC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Good afternoon all!

I have a Visconti-tuned 2020 and would like to upgrade the easy bolt ons.... specifically the charge pipes (to red aluminum), an intake and a catted downpipe.
Is there a difference between AA and AMS? It's my daily, so reliability is key.... along with passing emissions, state inspections and no throwing a CEL.

Sorry for the novice question, but I'd really like to move forward and don't want to make a mistake I'll regret later.

Thanks!
Sponsored

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
My 2 cents. Get an AA downpipe it's the best quality wise out of the catted down pipes. Guaranteed no CEL. Intake is never necessary. The stock intake is so good it can hold up to 700 whp. However not much turbo noises. So if you want turbo noises get an mst v2 intake or arama speed the loudest 2. As for the charge pipe gen 1 (2020) charge pipes tend to break if you're running more boost. I doubt yours will ever break since you're on stock turbo, but if you want a charge pipe for aesthetic reasons get FTP they are well know for there handiwork. Another good brand for example is forge.

I linked a thread which explains the whole supra situation. Should cover most of what you're looking for.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/the-current-supra-situation-explained.17670/

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Heads up, you put the thread in the B48 section.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
AA all day over AMs! Let me know if I can get you one! Have a few in stock ready to go!

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
HKS Downpipe (although not widely sold in North America) hasn't given me CEL yet and it's 150 cell. They don't guarantee no CEL though but Japan is super strict with car inspections and emissions and all there parts need to get emission approved. Great sound too.

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
My 2 cents. Get an AA downpipe it's the best quality wise out of the catted down pipes. Guaranteed no CEL. Intake is never necessary. The stock intake is so good it can hold up to 700 whp. However not much turbo noises. So if you want turbo noises get an mst v2 intake or arama speed the loudest 2. As for the charge pipe gen 1 (2020) charge pipes tend to break if you're running more boost. I doubt yours will ever break since you're on stock turbo, but if you want a charge pipe for aesthetic reasons get FTP they are well know for there handiwork. Another good brand for example is forge.

I linked a thread which explains the whole supra situation. Should cover most of what you're looking for.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/the-current-supra-situation-explained.17670/
The 2020 Supras come with a Gen 2 B58. The charge pipe issue was fixed on them compared to the Gen 1. It will not break on a Supra.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
3.0 .... sorry MODS..... please delete and I'll repost in the correct section.
Ya I have a 2020 3.O with the HKS. No issues so far. Warning though hks only tested it for the 6 port auto.

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
AA is going to be the go to downpipe. Our #1 selling catted downpipe, they have no CEL guarantee, make great power, and no issues with them.

Have them in stock and on sale!

-Josh

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
+1 for AA, its the most tested downpipe on the market, with EPA approved GESI cats. If you ever encoutner any issues, they will replace the downpipe asap

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
The AA DP's "No CEL guarantee" makes it extremely versatile. Run stock, stage 1 or stage 2. The benefits of catless with OEM attributes.
Sponsored